a colonization question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a colonization question

I conquered a colony that I want to move, but it has a stockade. I managed to starve the pop down to 1, but I can't get rid of the colony. Does anyone know of a way that I can get rid of it including cheats or editors or whatever?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the only way would be to use an editor to delete the stockade. They tell you in the rules that once you build a stockade you can't dismantle the colony.
    "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

AFAIR: Stockade will prevent you from getting rid of the colony. SO the only way shall be getting it attacked and conquered (which shall than destroy it.......) With the normal cheat mode you can place an enemy unit next to the city and he shall then attack it.

Comment

There's no way to tear down structures in Colonization, nor will the population decrease when a colony is captured. Those are Civilization specific features I'm afraid.

If you badly want to remove a colony I'd suggest that you enter the cheat mode by typing alt w i n, and place the cursor on the colony and use the delete unit command until it disappears.

To starve a colony to death requires at least conquistador level difficulty and that it's built on a desert spot.

Regards,
        Fredrik

Comment

Why would anyone want to destroy a colony?

And you need not starve the colony. Simply change all townspeople into soldiers or pioneers or missionaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
            Why would anyone want to destroy a colony?
            You don't want a weak colony around when you declare independence. The mother country will take it, and you won't be able to win until you take it back.

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
            And you need not starve the colony. Simply change all townspeople into soldiers or pioneers or missionaries.
            If the colony has a stockade or other fortification, the game won't let you move the last soldier/pioneer/missionary out.
            "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

True on both counts

Comment

Another reason to destroy a colony is the limit of cities...
                In my late games I've been conquering foreign colonies just to disband them so that I could build my own ones...
                And that You can not destroy stockade, it sucks!!!
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                X