MGE in OSX.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGE in OSX.4

I just bought a used G4 Cube (gorgeous physical architecture!!). It's got OSX (10.3.4), on top of OS 9.0.

I'm moving from a G3 iMac DV with OS 9.2.2.

When installing MGE with the 1.1 patch, is there anything I need to be aware of -- pitfalls, landmines -- to help ensure a smooth and successful transition?

Thanks for any tips you can provide...
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; June 10, 2004, 09:41.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Personally, I'd install it while booted from OS9, if you're worried, but other than that, no, not really... probably don't even have to do that.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

JRabbit. Ming will ban you for posting tech topics in a gaming forum!!!

Install it using Classic. It will be fine.

BTW - think about getting an upgrade kit for the cube. They aren't that expensive and will improve its performance.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Civ MGE installed, 1.1 patch installed, defaulted to Classic (OS9.2.2) architecture when I installed it.

The game seems to work fine. BUT...

Why won't downloads of .sav games posted on Poly open? It won't let me choose Civ as the application to open them in...?????????????

(BTW -- If Ming bans me, fine. But it will effect his beer supply. )
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I doubt Ming reads the Mac forums.

I only read this thread cos I saw JRabbit was on a spamrole in the AC so I thought I'd follow him around a bit for the classic metaspam follow up of "OOOoooooh stop spamming!" but delivered in the ever so haughty yet sophisticated manner that all true metamasters have.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Meta-meta-spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
              I doubt Ming reads the Mac forums.

I only read this thread cos I saw JRabbit was on a spamrole in the AC so I thought I'd follow him around a bit for the classic metaspam follow up of "OOOoooooh stop spamming!" but delivered in the ever so haughty yet sophisticated manner that all true metamasters have.
              Gee, here I was hoping to get some actual response to my post, and it's just Dauphin trying to play spamcop.

Poor guy. Sorry I'm not spammy enough that you can play your metaspammer role.

Now get a freakin' life.

Comment

You should be able to open them through the application. If you want to associate them with a classic app use the Get Info command on the File.

I can't remember what to do otherwise, I got rid of Classic.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

From the Civ app, when I Open Game, the downloaded .sav does not appear in the list of possible items...

I'll look at get Info tonight.

thanks, Agathon.

Comment

Unless the type and creator information is set properly Civ II probably won't recoginze the files.

Comment

OK, will give that a try -- probably Wednesday before I can.

Comment

If you are using a Cube JR, you should be able to boot into OS 9. Try that (using the Startup Disk preference pane) and see if the files work OK in OS 9. If they don't then the type/creator codes are fubared.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

<- Interested in knowing how it worked.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                          X