Civilization 3, Mac/Windows Saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization 3, Mac/Windows Saves

Does anyone know if Civilization 3 Saved Game files are cross platform and can be moved from the Mac version to the Windows version and vice versa? Is there any way for me to convert the files back and forth? Thanks.

Re: Civilization 3, Mac/Windows Saves

Originally posted by pumilamac
    Does anyone know if Civilization 3 Saved Game files are cross platform and can be moved from the Mac version to the Windows version and vice versa? Is there any way for me to convert the files back and forth? Thanks.
    If your Mac Civ3 version is patched to 1.29b2 they are.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

I've updated to that version. However now when I go from Window to Mac the save game shows up and loads up to 2%, than Civ 3 freezes. Any advice?

Comment

I've updated to that version. However now when I go from Window to Mac the save game shows up and loads up to 2%, than Civ 3 freezes. Any advice?
        A few things come to mind:

(1) Is the PC version patched to 1.29? (porbably)

(2) Is the PC save file a mod, that you need certain items (e.g. graphics) installed inorder to run the save file?

(3) Is the PC save file from Civ3, PTW, or Conquests? (probably a silly question)
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Thanks to everyone that is helping me, I appreciate it dojoboy.

Yes the Windows version is patched to that version. I have no mods installed just the standard install. The file is from just normal Civilization 3. I've already tried reinstalling it on my Mac, I suppose tommorow I'll try reinstalling it in Windows as well.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that is helping me, I appreciate it dojoboy.

Yes the Windows version is patched to that version. I have no mods installed just the standard install. The file is from just normal Civilization 3. I've already tried reinstalling it on my Mac, I suppose tommorow I'll try reinstalling it in Windows as well.
            hi ,

did it work

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
            X