Where the maps at???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the maps at???

For macintosh civ, that is. I've downloaded a ton of civilization maps, but they were all for pcs... they have the .mp extension at the end of the file, BUT my civilization game refuses to recognize them!!!

Is there conversion software or something?
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

I think the scenario converter does it for you. All you need to do is change the filetype and creator of the map file.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Re: Where the maps at???

Originally posted by monolith94
      For macintosh civ, that is. I've downloaded a ton of civilization maps, but they were all for pcs... they have the .mp extension at the end of the file, BUT my civilization game refuses to recognize them!!!

Is there conversion software or something?
      Any .bic map file will run on the mac; however, maps made for PTW or Conquests will not. I'm not aware of any utility that will convert them, becasue I don't believe the mac editor can open them.
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Hmm ... I've never had any trouble downloading Civ II maps made for the PC version. They open right up in the editor and I go from there.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Yes my response was in regards to the mac civ 2.
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
          X