Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the first time, I'm able to play with sound using Windows XP with VDMSound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the first time, I'm able to play with sound using Windows XP with VDMSound!

I found this link that helped me get WIZARDS.EXE running under VDMSound. I used General MIDI for music (as recommended), address 330, IRQ 7, and set digital sound to Soundblaster Pro (Later), address 220, IRQ 7, DRQ 1.

I tried that and I still get the memory error. I think I am screwed, not sure why. I have an HP pavillion 753n with XP Home version on and I have done almost everything I have seen suggested, except mess with my computers autoexec and config files... I don't think I will either, and it still doesn't work..

Oh, well.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Oh, and I don't care about sound. I turned it all off under the install (which I must open with VDMSound), then, no matter what I sett the memory setting to on the Magic.exe file I still get the memory error, even when using VDMSound to open it.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Maybe I am not using the right VMBSound?

This guy Talks of a completely different VMBSound than what I had, all I did was download, click the download, install/repair, and then open the programs with that version (2.4.0), whats with this 2.10? I never got anything that told me to reboot!... I don't even remember how the program got linked to MoM...

Just a concern.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
        X