I just can't get MoM to work under XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't get MoM to work under XP

Have anybody been succesfull with this??

It seems that no matter what I try, it fails

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

I had completely forgotten about VDMSound.

It works now.

Asmodean
    Last edited by Asmodean; December 1, 2003, 06:10.
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I tried VDMSound, and still won't work, not enough expanded memory which seems to be a common problem as well. I have tried to use a the Dos shells reommoneded, but they are slow and aren't full screen. I am abandoning hope for now, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I have been messing with the pif files all afternoon, this doesn't work either...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

VDMSound only works for me if I disable sound using the install.exe file in the MoM directory, otherwise I get the same error message.

Comment

What's VDMSound?
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I never managed to get sound working, even in DOS. But I installed it without sound and it has run on every machine I've had since.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              What's VDMSound?
              A program that uses your default windows sound device to provide sound support for old DOS games under Windows XP, NT, or 2000. See their website at http://ntvdm.cjb.net/

Comment

Working...
              X