Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ 2 for mac - graphically better than the windows version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you buy a G5 imac, it will be good for years.

I bought a G3 imac years ago and it runs everything except some recent very high framerate games. There's a lot to be said for jumping straight from the G3 to the G5.

I'll probably buy RON when I get a new machine. But I don't see the point of buying a new machine just for games.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

He's still in 8.6, man, it's not just for games, undoubtebly!
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by blackgryffin
        hi insane !

i'm sure u'll find this interesting !
        Terrifying is more like it.

Yikes... A couple of dozen Windows programmers, no source code control, a completely seperate Linux port that isn't integrated into the constantly changing PC code. And we haven't even gotten to the Mac specific challenges yet...

I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I wouldn't touch this project with a 10 foot pole. Not at this stage in the game anyway. Even I'm not that crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Insane

Terrifying is more like it.

Yikes... A couple of dozen Windows programmers, no source code control, a completely seperate Linux port that isn't integrated into the constantly changing PC code. And we haven't even gotten to the Mac specific challenges yet...

I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I wouldn't touch this project with a 10 foot pole. Not at this stage in the game anyway. Even I'm not that crazy...
          really ??? too bad ..............
          • slytherin forever •
          http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

Oh, no, a new iMac wouldn't be just for games. It'd be for surfing the Internet and working on my writing projects, research and so on. Yeah, I could go with an el cheapo $499 PC ... but why? I've saved over the years for an Apple machine, not some third-rate PC that has third-rate parts from a dozen second-rate manufacturers. Heck, by the time you get a *quality* PC, the price range isn't much different from a Macintosh, IMO.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I don't think we did...
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Since they both use 256 colors, I seriously doubt there is any difference beyond the quality of your monitor.

Comment

Working...
                X