This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut up, troll.

I found my experience on these forums to be much more enjoyable since I put Glonkie on ignore. Just a thought.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

/me sighs.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Also, for the record, Ag's sig isn't displaying just because it's in Unicode. The computers here at school display my sig fine when I switch them to Unicode, but Ag's sig is just gibberish. There's obviously some kind of support for Greek built into OS X that isn't present on these computers running Win 2000.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm talking about Classical Greek, not regular Greek. Classical Greek has extra letters and a whole plethora of accent marks and other odd things (punctuation, meter marks) that regular Greek doesn't have or need, (since the Greek government got rid of most of them in 1982).

Very few people read Classical Greek and even fewer people have need to use it on a computer. For years there have been workarounds which have required special fonts be installed and all sorts of other crap. Unicode was supposed to solve this problem, but up until now it hasn't really delivered.

Now it has. I can now enter Greek terms into the TLG in Greek instead of using Beta Code or special fonts. Fonts are a problem for classicists, because everyone has their favourite and they all work different ways.

I'm happy that it works on IE as well as this means no more messing about.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
          X