Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

.Mac Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My .Mac account handle is the same as it is here.

While I don't have the time to work on my homepage, it's still there, uploaded to my magical little iDisk.

Frankly, I don't use any of the features but e-mail very often, but the bonus games, utilities, and opportunity when needed to create iCards is all worth it to me.

Since I'm still on dial-up I can't easily use most of the other features (backup for instance) though I do use iSync with the nice feature of being able to use my Safari bookmarks online when away from my computer.

That's just awesome, IMHO.

I subbed for teh $50 one, and I know I'll stick with it when the $100 bill hits. $100/year is worth it to me to have a dependable e-mail address and other features that I can use when I need them.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

**shrug** I doubt I'll ever use .MAC, mainly because my ISP already provides a stable e-mail address (I can have up to five through them) and also hosts Web pages. Those are the two items I would likely make the most use of if I ever signed up for .MAC. Since I already get that through my ISP, there's no reason to fork over another $100 for duplicate services.

Gatekeeper

P.S. I've been thinking about going through my employer to get a discount on a new iMac — I can get a 1G 17-inch flat-screen iMac with 1G of RAM for $2023. Airport and Bluetooth ready, but not installed.
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
        **shrug** I doubt I'll ever use .MAC, mainly because my ISP already provides a stable e-mail address (I can have up to five through them) and also hosts Web pages. Those are the two items I would likely make the most use of if I ever signed up for .MAC. Since I already get that through my ISP, there's no reason to fork over another $100 for duplicate services.

Gatekeeper

P.S. I've been thinking about going through my employer to get a discount on a new iMac — I can get a 1G 17-inch flat-screen iMac with 1G of RAM for $2023. Airport and Bluetooth ready, but not installed.

hi ,

why dont you go mobile , .....

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I just prefer desktop, that's all ...
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

You see, and that's why I have it. I get my dial-up free from my university, but I don't trust them nor their service very much (I know the tech people here) so I go with .Mac so I can have that reliable service. And my uni won't give me a flameflash login name.

Comment

I have all the stuff that .mac would give me which I actually want.

U of T gives us a free copy of NAV, and I they give me two IMAP accounts (I have a POP account thru my ISP).

I also have about 40 Megs worth of space for FTP so there is no point in having an idisk.

Still I liked itools when it was free.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Very true.

It all comes from what you actually get from your ISP... I get nothing but a connection and a bad e-mail service so the .Mac comes in nice and handy.

Comment

If anybody else is wanting to sign up for .Mac... I'd appreciate being the one to refer you BTW.

My resubscribtion is coming up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
                    If anybody else is wanting to sign up for .Mac... I'd appreciate being the one to refer you BTW.

My resubscribtion is coming up soon.
                    hi ,

having certain evil ideas mr flash , ........

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Who, me?

Comment

Again, this is a cheap plug going out to fellow Mac users.

I'm already getting a free gift for resubscribing (my choice of The Sims, Everquest, or $20 coupon in the Apple store).

It seems most certainly worth $100/year.

Likewise, when 10.3 comes out we'll have a nice easy way to access the .Mac iDisk.

Comment

$100/year for email, webserving, and a syncronization service?

Man, I got some ideal land to sell you in Florida...
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And the rest. Auto backup software; free games; Antivirus protection (which stops us sending Windows people their viruses); Address, Calendar and Bookmark synchronisation; Automatic web disk; Web Page Creation tools.

Works out at just over 10 bucks a month. I liked itools when it was free, but you get a lot more now. A pity for Apple that I get enough of it free from the uni not to have to bother.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I get all those things for free.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Good for you.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X