Imperialism 2 mac patch for OS9 and OS X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperialism 2 mac patch for OS9 and OS X

If anyone here has Imperialism 2 and OS 9 or newer they must've noticed that the game no longer works. Anyway I finally contacted Frog City about this the other day and got this reply:

"It doesn't currently work with Os 9 and up, but there is a chance we can get a patch made. Not sure yet."

So, it seems there is atleast a small chance of a patch getting made despite the game being relatively old. Would be great to get atleast a working classic version of it again imho.
    Just thought someone here might like to know as well
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Never played this game. Describe it.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

It's somewhat similar to EU2 though turn based. The original took place in the period 1815-1900 (not really sure about the end date but that's about it) but the sequel is 1492-Ca 1750.
      The game is played on random or semi random (pre made europe but not new world) maps. The map is province based for millitary and diplomacy but the provinces are in turn made up of tiles that are important when improving the land (building mines, etc) sort of a mix between civ and eu I suppose.

The official site for the game can be found here:
      http://www.frogcity.com/imperialism2/index.html (the screenshots there seem somewhat strange though, it looks better than that).

Haven't got a lot of time right now but you could read this AAR that was recently posted in the other games forum:

Most of the people who used to play Imp now play EU.
      Last edited by Henrik; July 6, 2003, 18:45.
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

What email did you send your request to?

I'll like to do the same to show my interest in the patch.

I'm a big fan of Imperialism I so I bough ImpII this summer on ebay, and found that it does not work under OS 9
        Now I'm stuck with a game I can't play...

Oh, and what is EU?

Comment

Re: What email did you send your request to?

Originally posted by Kinniken
          Oh, and what is EU?
          Check out these links:

Thread @ Apolyton Mac forum---> Highly Recommend EU2

Thread @ IMG ---> Thoughts on Europa Universalis II

EU2 Forum ---> Here.

Personally, I really enjoy this game.
          "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
          I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
          --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Working...
          X