Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RevCast Episode 07: "Making Mincement" (Part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RevCast Episode 07: "Making Mincement" (Part 1)

Hungry, hungry gamers. Regular co-host Joe "joebreeves" Reeves, returning guest co-host Daniel "DanQ" Quick and first-time guest co-host Eric "ericball" Bill serve as the panel on the seventh episode of RevCast (RC), a podcast focusing on Civilization: Revolution on its various platforms. "Making Mincemeat" (Part 1) is now netcasting with a runtime of 14m59s.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast on which Barney serves as a regular co-host as well; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories. This is the second multi-part episode and, as such, watch for its second part in a couple of weeks time.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 01m20s | Topic #1
    In response to part of one listener's suggestions for show topics, horserushing: defending against the popular strategy.
    - 08m52s | Topic #2
    The flip side of the same suggestion on horserushing, what civilizations are the most desirable to carry out these attacks.
    - 12m57s | Topic #3
    An extension of a part from earlier on: advantages to being able to select your defender when attacking.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'd like to thank DanQ for inviting me and editting my rambling babble down to coherent sentances. You don't know what kind of work must go into a good podcast until you learn typically Dan edits down an hour recording to the 15 minutes you hear.

I would also like to apologise for my audio quality. I was using a cheap bluetooth headset as a microphone (if I do this again, I'll get something better, I promise), then I pulled a Wilson and lost the high quality recording I made; so Dan had to use the low-fi backup recording.

And for anyone who might want to guest on RevCast - drop Dan a line. Especially anyone who has played multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by ericball View Post
        I'd like to thank DanQ for inviting me...
        You're welcome -- thank you for participating.

You don't know what kind of work must go into a good podcast until you learn typically Dan edits down an hour recording to the 15 minutes you hear.

More to come in the second part...

And for anyone who might want to guest on RevCast - drop Dan a line. Especially anyone who has played multiplayer.

Comment

I have an iPod Touch. CivRev has arrived for iPhone. Therefore, I now have CivRev and have RE-listened to all the RevCasts.

CC: WePlayCiv, CFC

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe View Post
            I have an iPod Touch. CivRev has arrived for iPhone. Therefore, I now have CivRev and have RE-listened to all the RevCasts.
            -- welcome, fellow Civilization IV and CivRev player.

Comment

Working...
            X