No announcement yet.

So, how goes MP, then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I played a ranked-MP game using random civ and got the Greeks. That would be a fine builder choice with the early science boost from Demo and I was happy first. But my happiness only lasted about 5 turns, when I started to face the Aztecs who started VERY close to me and practically choked off any attempts I made for expansion. I managed to hold my capital all the way to the end with a hoplite army that gained all possible upgrades and Great General in the battles through the years to 2040 when the game ended. Even when I had Riflemen army, the hoplite army with all the upgrades was the primary defender I totally sucked at the game, finished at 4th position (the Germans got eliminated half-way through, but not by me). After several failed attempts to build or conquer another city on the continent I gave up and started building cities in small islands to boost my research but I still could not keep up and fell behind. The Romans won officially a Culture victory, but they also built and launched the space ship to Alpha Centaury and took over 3 other capitals -- they never actually attacked me, I was being nailed to my starting corner by constant siege from the Aztecs and occasionally from the English too (which was an AI player and was demanding techs for peace every few turns).

This was a very new experience that even the AI kicked my ass. It was fun though trying to hold my place and defend against the constant attacks. I took over an Aztec city about 3 times but they took it back within a few turns always -- I was not able to mount a strong defense fast enough while also keeping the attackers in bay at my capitol.

I love this game in MP. Sure not as deep as major Civ games on the PC, but the possibility of playing a few hour intense MP game makes up for the simplicity.
    ::Zsozso::

Comment

Working...
    X