What to do with the xbox faceplate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with the xbox faceplate???

So, I must be one of the anonymous winners of the contest. Though I don't recall asking to remain anonymous.

So, I got a faceplate and a Tshirt since no one enterred the thing. And, my son loves the shirt, but we don't have an xbox. And, Dan kinda sorta challenged me to make it into a halloween prop. (personal hobby, follow the sig)

So...what should we do with it?
    Make it into a bone
    0.00%
    Cut it into beads
    0.00%
    Make a skeleton
    0.00%
    Make a creepy face
    0.00%
    HEY! I WANT ONE
    100.00%
    Make it into a BANANA!!!
    0.00%
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Oh, pic.
    Attached Files
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Re: What to do with the xbox faceplate???

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
      So, I must be one of the anonymous winners of the contest. Though I don't recall asking to remain anonymous.
      You did ask to remain anonymous (the default option on the entry form was "You may not publish my name or Apolyton username in anyway" and that's what was on yours).

Glad your shirt is being enjoyed and that both it and your faceplate have arrived successfully.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Oh, well, there ya go. Make the default use everything next time.
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Heh - I have a similar problem with a faceplate and no XBox to put it on. Maybe I can sell it for a small fortune on eBay (or maybe you need a matching set for Halloween).

The colors on my t-shirt are a little strange - pinkish graphics on a brown shirt, kind of difficult to see. But it's free, so I'm not complaining. I'll try to post a picture of the shirt when I can find my wife's camera (or my daughter's).

Comment

Make into a skeleton. You can do it.
            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              Oh, well, there ya go. Make the default use everything next time.
              Out of continued privacy considerations, I won't. Just pay more close attention next time.
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Sooooo....

I have not forgotten.

After long deliberation, we decided to go the necklace route. I was going to make a little skeleton in the thinking man pose. However, this thing would serve no real use, and if I'm going to mutilate face plate 203/2000, I feel it should at least get some use.

I need a necklace anyway. So, this faceplate is making some of the beads.

So, the necklace design is was centered around 3 monkey-inspired skulls from the get go. These have been the biggest reason for lack of news here, as I had to skulpt a mother, make a mold, and cast some skulls that can be drilled into beads.

Seen here are the 3 monkey skull beads (need to be colored), and the beginings of the chopping apart of the faceplate....

I'll have all the beads soon. Somewhere there is a sketch of the design. I'll get more pics as the thing progresses.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Behold, what once was a faceplate...

From Halloween buildup '08

The boss says you're on the sh!t list Dan...

And, I got the "You just had to make a bead out of the boobies, didn't you?" lecture...

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Wow, I'm glad I came back here to find out what became of it. I remember hearing about this on the Polycast.

That is truly amazing work. You really put that face plate to good use. Far better than simply putting it on a RRoD doorstop.

Your mom is hot. (I kid, thEgOOfynAmE made me think you were a youngin at first. She is hot though.)

Comment

Working...
                    X