Washington Post on CivRev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Post on CivRev

The US news paper Washington Post posted an article about Civilization's latest attempt to break into the console market. Staff writer Mike Musgrove calls the game a milestone for Civilization as it places it amidst a trend of reinvention by the games industry. He talked to Sid Meier about the switch to consoles, who said: There's an energy to the console market. We're seeing an explosion in the quality and creativity in console games. Civilization is according to Sid a more gentle, more entertaining introduction to the series.

The article points out that hardcore PC fans aren't necessarily a fan of this, citing CivFanatics's Thunderfall as example. Games industry analyst Mike Hickey of Janco Partners feels it has potential though:

Sid Meier is one of the most respected developers in the industry, and this one of the biggest franchises in the world for that category of game. I think it has a shot of doing pretty well.

To read the full two-page article, visit the online version of the Washtington Post. Thanks to Planet Civilization for the heads-up on this story.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Nice article. Interesting comments by Sid on the console market as well.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
    X