Firaxis President's "Pride and Joy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis President's "Pride and Joy"

Developing Civilization: Revolution for the Xbox360 platform proved to be less difficult than the PlayStation 3 as expected according to developer Firaxis Games President Steve Martin in a feature on the title and company in article appearing in today's edition of the Baltimore Sun. The former's technology is "more similar to the computer's", which Firaxis has experience and reputation with, whereas consultants with PS3 background were called in to "improve performance issues and optimize the game code". No comparable comments are made on CivRev's DS iteration.

It took two times for the game to be certified by Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for the respective consoles but the process was just as worthwhile as the end result to Martin. "We went through this transition of being a PC house to now being able to develop for nearly every platform. That sense of success is so exciting for a studio as they now step off".
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Well, then let's just brush the cobwebs off the Wii alpha version and get it to press ASAP, Stevey-boi. Steve Martin? Who's he fooling!?! They expect us to believe Steve Martin's the president of Firaxis. Shessh!
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

To confirm, this Steve Martin is Firaxis' President, not the well known actor of the same name.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
      X