Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this forum is a little stopped?

Hi all,

I'm the only one, thath thinks CivRev is a great game? Seems like this subforum is a little stopped.

Cheers.
    La invencibilidad está en uno mismo, la vulnerabilidad en el adversario (El arte de la guerra, SUN TZU)
    Tutorial para el envío de correo automático de Civ 4 -- Mi bLog
    Civ4 -> "Cuando el Rio Suena" (estancada) - "Un Buen Día"
    People's Tactics -> "AAR Transcurso de la partida a tiempo real"

Could be, at least in part, because the game has not yet been released in North America -- NA being where a large volume of this site's traffic originates.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

That has something to do with it.

I'll be curious to see how much activity there really is. Doesn't seem to lend itself to as much strategic discussion at first glance. At least not in the same way the other Civ games do.

You can't just take a screen or upload a save and ask for advice, for instance. (unless I missed something or that was disabled in the demo)

Doubt you'll see a demogame.

Maybe some succession games pop up.

No/little modding?

So, what's left to discuss?
      General strategies for a particular civ? Balance issues, bugs.
      Differing beeline strategies maybe.
      The Game of the Week and leaderboards, perhaps?
      But, all that really needs a full version to discuss. Unless you're actually challened by the whole warlords difficulty of the demo.

I think how the community forms will ultimately determine what's thought of the game in the long run.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I feel like most on Apolyton's forum have dismissed the game and will continue to play the PC game and discuss it more. CivRev, to them, appears as a subgame of the Civ license.

In addition to that, first time buyers of Civ probably won't seek this forum out as most console gamers already have a forum of choice.

Just my two cents.
        XBox Live Gamertag: Sonic

derp derp derp

Comment

Comment

See what I mean?
            XBox Live Gamertag: Sonic

derp derp derp

Comment

One thing I love on Civ, is the complexity. One thing I hate on Civ, is the complexity.

In this times, I'm very busy, and probably, I sit to play 1 or 2 hours every 2 days (If I'm lucky), with my brain f####d of work. Civ is not a game for this IMHO.

Instead, CivRev, is a game, with all the essence of Civilization, but with a touch of simplicity to play games on 3, 4 hours.

Yes, probably, strategy issues are not so complex like normal Civ, I agree with you, but, CivRev, is not Civ V. CivRev is an adaption to consoles of Civ, a light Civ, to play "fast" games over multiplayer. (all people thath wants a complete Civ, has a PC for play CivIV or FreeCiv).

It's true, that had not been difficult to offer options for the size of the map, or some things like a "mode" a little more complex for Offline play for example, but I'm still thinking, thath is a great game.

Is the oportunity to come back to Civ with my poor time.

Only my 2 gold coins.
              La invencibilidad está en uno mismo, la vulnerabilidad en el adversario (El arte de la guerra, SUN TZU)
              Tutorial para el envío de correo automático de Civ 4 -- Mi bLog
              Civ4 -> "Cuando el Rio Suena" (estancada) - "Un Buen Día"
              People's Tactics -> "AAR Transcurso de la partida a tiempo real"

Comment

Does anyone know if this will possibly be released on the PSP? It seems to be the only console/handheld that it ISn't on, which is quite bizarre.

'Cos I got one of those, and although I'm a PC gamer through-and-through, I've been wondering what to do with it apart from watch TV on the train.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                X