Any difference to Civ IV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any difference to Civ IV?

As I have been away (from CIV-games) since Civ IV release.
    I must now ask about this game - is it new or just CivIV in console time?

(Bought CivIV, but hated it - so playing of Civ since that been non existent)

Still hoping&praying that next major installment of Civ shall return to the fun - so should/could I seriously take a look at this game?
    (Have no consoles - so pretty expensive investment if once again just disappointed)

It's not Civ IV. But, depending on what you find "fun" will determine whether it's for you or not.

It's basically been extremely streamlined to make it more 'fun'.

Smaller maps, fewer opponents, faster play, less micromanaging, etc. Bump around, and take an extensive look at the preview here. That should answer any lingering questions you have.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

A DS might be a worthwhile investment even if you don't care for CivRev. The games are generally cheaper than home console games, and have plenty of variety.

Which of the Civs did you like best?

If you say III, you're banished in advance.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Civ 2 was the best IMHO. It was also the one I got "stuck into" the most learning the game. I actually liked Civ 3 but havn't got into Civ4 yet due to lack of time. Its one of the things that attracted me to CivRev, easy to pick up and play for a couple of hours without it taking over your life.

Comment

Working...
        X