Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis and Woot.com join up to celebrate CivRev!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis and Woot.com join up to celebrate CivRev!

Revolution! Sometimes it’s about politics, like the American Revolution or the Cuban Revolution. Sometimes it’s about economics, like the Industrial Revolution or the Agricultural Revolution. Sometimes it’s about gaming, like Sid Meier’s Civilization® Revolution™, bringing the epic, addictive gameplay of the Civilization franchise to console and handheld game systems on July 8. And sometimes…it’s about t-shirts.

Shirt.Woot is teaming up with 2K Games, publishers of Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution, to sponsor Derby #42, opening for entries next Friday, May 9. The theme is “Join the Revolution.” We’re giving you an extra week to think about this one – after all, revolutions aren’t made in a day. And thanks to 2K, the prizes are like nothing we’ve ever offered before:

GRAND PRIZE ($2000 + ongoing commission)
    360 Elite
    1 year xbox live
    Copy of the game for 360 (when game releases, might be shipped later to winner)
    360 Civilization Revolution faceplate
    Signed poster from team
    SECOND PRIZE ($1500 + ongoing commission)
    360 faceplate
    Copy of game
    Signed poster
    THIRD PRIZE ($1000 + ongoing commission)
    Copy of game
    Signed poster
    Now, keep in mind that we are not looking for Civilization t-shirts. Consider this the same as any other Derby, in terms of restrictions on using other people’s work. We want shirt designs that work well without any specific association with the game, and without Civ logos, artwork, etc. Got that?

Otherwise, we expect something pretty awesome out of you guys. You’ve got an extra week to put your design together and thousands of years of source material to draw from. As intense Civ fans ourselves, we couldn’t be more thrilled to join forces with the people behind the game that we’ve spent so many hours playing. Make us proud, yo! Civilization hangs in the balance.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

CivRev is racist.

That means Woot is racist. I'm not shopping there any more.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
      CivRev is racist.

That means Woot is racist. I'm not shopping there any more.
      WTF???? Are you an idiot or do you really try hard to look like one? Where is there any proof of what you say?

Comment

Incredible people are actually offended by such statments (and don't dismiss them as the trolling). I must be close to the truth (or I might have pressed a PR panic button).

See Cleopatra looked black!

Tis clear proof that Firaxians are black supremacists.
        Last edited by Heraclitus; May 2, 2008, 06:29.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

WTF???? Are you an idiot or do you really try hard to look like one? Where is there any proof of what you say?
          Cat got your tounge?

Its no fun to troll, all the while speaking truth in a politically incorrect way if no one responds.

Comment

Working...
          X