In-House Preview Part 9: "Dan's First Turns"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-House Preview Part 9: "Dan's First Turns"

Rev It Up: `Civilization: Revolution` Preview The ninth part of an exclusive in-house multi-part preview of Firaxis Games` Civilization: Revolution is now available. Watch the first turns of Apolyton Civilization Site`s Daniel "DanQ" Quick's first game with CivRev played and filmed last fall at developer Firaxis Games' offices. The video in Windows Media format runs 09m35s and is 31.9MB in size.

This is the fifth gameplay video to be released, but the first with Quick at the helm and without accompanying write-up.

The 'Rev It Up' feature continues next week with its tenth part: the next turns of Quick's first CivRev game in the form of the series' sixth gameplay video. The revolution awaits.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

"I was worried aboot..."

What did that barb say when he climbed up onto teh screen?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I WHANT CIV REV!!!!!!NOW!!! *WIPPERS*
      to go to my forum use this: http://kingdomofwarhammer.forumotion.com/portal.htm

VIKINGS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        "I was worried aboot..."

What did that barb say when he climbed up onto teh screen?
        I can't recall exactly and it's not quite decipherable from the capture. It was an introductory message, warning us to watch our step.

Originally posted by Erik Warhammer
        I WHANT CIV REV!!!!!!NOW!!! *WIPPERS*
        It's to be less than three months away.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Interesting...Aztec special power includes units healing when they win battles?

Comment

Yes, and that makes them a pain to fight in the late game when they have riflemen fortified in their cities. It's never a good idea to let an aggressive Aztec player get to gunpowder before you.

Comment

Originally posted by firaxis_den
              Yes, and that makes them a pain to fight in the late game when they have riflemen fortified in their cities. It's never a good idea to let an aggressive Aztec player get to gunpowder before you.
              OUCH!!! If you want some unsolicited balance advice, you may want to experiment with that healing only applying when the Aztec unit *attacks* and wins -- having it apply both on attack and defense seems overpowered to me.

:: /me gets dibs on Aztecs ::

Comment

Working...
              X