Will you buy CivRev?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Locutus, Joseph here.

I think the question here should have been are we going to buy a Console so we can play this new version.

I do not have one right now.

My 2.8 computer is now 3 years old and I don't think my wife will let me buy a newer Computer and an Console at the same time. I will just have to waite and see.

If I had the right Console, yes I would get the game.

Comment

Hey Joseph, long time no talk. I think if I'd polled that maybe 1 or 2 out of a 100 would vote affirmatively. I'm sure CivRev will be a great game and all but I doubt it'll be a big console mover -- it's not that revolutionary (unlike say Little Big Planet). If you weren't already thinking about buying a console anyway I don't think many people can justify dumping a few hundred euros on a single game. Of course, you're more than welcome to start that poll if you want
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I personally think that there is only one choice, Nintendo DS. Cheap and portable.

Wii cost 250€ +50€ game and you have to wait around 6 months.
        Xbox360 279€ (arcade) +60€ game
        PS3 400€ + 60€ game.

DS? 129€ + 40€ game. At home people on this site will probarbly play civ4, but on the bus you can pick up your DS to play some quick turns. I love the idea
        What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

You have to play on a crappy 5x6 cm screen though, that really turns me off. I have no interest whatsoever in mobile gaming, I think that's way overrated, and unfortunately that's the only reason you'd possibly want to buy a DS...

I mean, unless you're spending a LOT of time traveling using public transport, how often are you really gonna do that? And even then, playing in an overcrowded bus during rush hour when everyone's jam packed together and bumping into each other -- NOT my idea of a fun gaming experience. For travel I prefer podcasts or in a pinch music instead, which you can do much more often no matter how little personal space you have or how noisy it is around you, and even when you're driving a car/bicycle/whatever yourself (and my media player phone also supports Java games so even if I do want to game I have a choice of hundreds of titles already -- none of them very great but they get me through boring meetings (to which I doubt they'd let me bring a DS) )
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Actualy I am really in love with mobil gaiming, and even play at home sometimes. To many odd game to not own a DS in my opinion. (and the screen is not crap )

I used to bring my old rusty gameboy advance with me to classes before. Perfect when it got boring...
            What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I want to change my vote to "Yes for DS".

My 2-year old son went out and bought me a DS for Xmas.

Comment

Ps3 version for me!

Just waiting to get my hands on the Civ revolution. Civilization first time with neat online gameing functions and confort of the sofa

I play the game quite often on PC but I am more than eager to find out how well will sid and his team be able to pull us who are mainly console gamers to the world of turn based strategy games.

Not many console games here it seems tho as for the poll results are tellin :/

Hopefully psp will get some version too if the game is a success. Would love to have portable civilization but DS just doesnt fit more my needs in that department altho I do have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                  I want to change my vote to "Yes for DS".

My 2-year old son went out and bought me a DS for Xmas.
                  You have a very nice son

DS is a blast, Advance wars is a good warm up untill civ arrives.

Comment

i will get it for the 360 and maybe a copy for the wii also

but will probably just play the 360 version

Comment

yes, for xbox360

Comment

I might buy Civ:Rev if it came for PC
                        If, I had DS or PSP, I would buy Civ:Rev first thing.
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I'll buy it if its good and lives up to the spirit of the series unlike certain other reimaginings. (cough simcity society cough cough).
                          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I'll probably get it for the DS. I was given one for Christmas and have barely used it so this may change things. Will keep me entertained on long plane flights!

Have only just started finding out about the game. Am I missing something or are the English not included?! Boo!!

Comment

one of the few without a cell phone !!!

I will answer my banana
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

one of the few without a cell phone !!!

I will answer my banana
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X