my game won't install correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my game won't install correctly

I was getting an error message when I loaded that said something about city status in a C++ way.
    I tried loading from a quick save and then save again same deal.
    So I decided to reinstall and about 70% way through it says insert disk 2 because it can't find a file, which don't exist.
    I tried minimual install and it does not install the civ3.exe so it does not run at all. I tried the patch which gave the civ3.exe but then it keeps saying insert civ3 cd which is already in the drive.
    Current solution remove civ3 and install AOE2 which runs way better cause the requirements are lower.
    After all mom is suppost to buy a brand spanking new PC but probably not until I get a job and an apartment of my own.
    And when civ3 did run it ran sluggish. Cause this is a 400 mhz AMD with 128 meg ram. and 10Gig hard disk which is half full and half empty. Mom will allow me to have one game on her computer. She won't let me load it up.
    When it did work it did lock up many times after 4 or 5 hours of play time.

Make sure that the current installation is totaly gone, and that no readonly files are left in the directory where you try to install to.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

SOLUTION TO INSTALLATION PROBLEM :-)

So I decided to reinstall and about 70% way through it says insert disk 2 because it can't find a file, which don't exist.

I had the same problem, surfed the internet for solutions, found none, and ... EUREKA ... I found a popular program called Virtual CD and used it to fix my Civilization 3 cd errors.

SO HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

1. Download Virtual CD at http://www.virtualcd-online.com.

2. Create a virtual cd copy of your Civilization 3 cd into your hard drive.
      Note: Use the default Virtual CD settings - this already fixes the cd errors.

3. After creating the virtual cd copy, eject the real Civilization 3 cd from your CD drive (Drive D: ) and insert the Civilization 3 virtual cd into the virtual hard drive (usually Drive E: ).

4. Reinstall Civilization 3 using the Civilization 3 virtual cd.

GOOD LUCK ...

Comment

Working...
      X