Blatantly unfair, but fun scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blatantly unfair, but fun scenarios

I enjoy giving myself sometimes comical advantages over the AI. I created a scenario with the following:

Edited German Civ:
    All Civ Attributes
    Added UU, "Rush Worker" -- Costs 1 production, 3 movement, all terrain as roads, does all worker actions, can build cities, does not cost population. Can hurry production
    Made road movement 6
    Changed all Expansionist Civs to something else
    Made Scout movement 40
    Only I can build Scout
    Did away with Wonder obsoletions
    Great Wall default bonus + walls in every city
    Oracle default bonus + temple in every city
    Lighthouse ... + Harbor...
    JS Bachs ... + Colosseum
    Sistine Chapel ... + Cathedral
    Great Library... +library... +2 free techs
    Copernicus ... +2 free techs
    oh man, there's too much to list, but you get the point

I usually get all the ancient techs within then first 10 turns with my super Scouts exploring Goody Huts. I also changed the traits that are triggers for Wonder GA's. Only the Panzer gives me GA's now. I also made the GA 50 turns.

Does anyone else enjoy pounding the AI in ridiculously unfair scenarios? I do!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

No. I really would not enjoy if I started with say 20 support free Modern Armour in 4000 B.C.

I often edit the map to give myself good starting surroundings but then I may need to go up a level or two in difficulty to enjoy the game.

Comment

Playing unfair scenarios where you have ALL the advantages can be really relaxing.
      "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
      but when there has been naming
      we should also know when to stop.
      Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem
        Playing unfair scenarios where you have ALL the advantages can be really relaxing.
        You have a point. When I want a relaxing game I play Chieftain. That gives me ALL the advantages.

Comment

There is something soothing in playing a overpowering God.

Make Modern Armor a UU only for my civ(ususally the Chinese or Japanese.)

Altered stats of: 50/30/5
          Bombard Power: 10 Range: 5 ROF: 3
          Blitz, Amphib, Rush construction
          Cost: 25 shields Tech required: Bronze working

It's amazingly cheap, and I hardly do it often. But it really is stress relief in a familiar TBS form.
          A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
          -V. I. Lenin

Comment

PoD that's awesome
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm actually tempted on occasion to go the opposite direction and have an uber-AI-civ with incredible tech advantages and massive infrastructure-production advantages. The player will then have to band all the lesser civs together and hope one day to bring down the giant.

Comment

Working...
              X