United Nations question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Nations question

I don't have time to search if this has been answered before, as I'm posting from work.
    In my latest game, I'm in a late industrial age war and managed to get to Nuclear Fission. I hav a slight tech lead on my rivals and my spies assured me no one else has it. Civilopeida says now I can build United Nations and Manhattan Project, however I can't build United Nations. In all my cities, I could see Manhattan Project in the build list, but UN wasn't there. What happened? Does it have something to do with being at war?

Thanks in advance.
    The monkeys are listening.

It doesn't make sence...
    Do you have a save?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Did you turn the diplomatic victory off?
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Would that disable the Wonder?

Shouldn't you still be able to use it for culture?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

To be honest I am not sure but I can't think of anything else, other than a bug of some sort, that would allow Manhattan to be built and not the UN.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

AFAIR disabling diplomatic victory avoid building the UN.
            Nym
            "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Are you in Mobilization?

Comment

Sorry for the absence, real life(tm) stuff.

I'm not in Mobilization, but I think I have disabled diplomatic victory, I'm not sure though. This is the first PTW game I had the patience and time to take this far and it took me by surprise. In past games of Civ3 (before PTW) I made it a habit to disable diplomatic victory, yet I had built United Nations (or at least I think I did).

I'll see about posting a save tomorrow, I can only post from work.
                And thanks again for the replies.
                The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Yep, disabling Diplomatic Victory also disables the Wonder - I guess Firaxis didn't see the point of having a Wonder that has no effect apart from culture.
                  Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I guess the AI won't build it if diplo victory is turned off so it stops the human getting a cheap culture gain
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                    X