MAP: Eurasian Map Huge 256x256

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: Eurasian Map Huge 256x256

I just finished this huge Eurasian map that I have been working on for about a month. I started this because I really like to play on the atlantis scenario map in civ 2. so I Took that map and transposed into a huge map with the Civ 3 PTW editor and then extended the rest of the map to include Asia, and Central Africa. give me any feed back and feel free to modify the map as you see fit. tell me of any imporvements you think should be made.

The map has Correct starting locations

Recources are in generally correct locations, except when i found it more stratigic to place them elsewhere, i.e. i put silks in africa because the zulu didn't have anyother lux recources except gems.

here is the minimap
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlmightyBob; April 4, 2003, 04:31.
    "How can you shoot women and children?"
    "Easy! You just don't lead 'em as much!
    Ain't war hell?"
    - Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

and here is the file
    Attached Files
    Ain't war hell?"

Comment

Looks good bob, I've just downloaded it...I think the mongol starting position needs to be further to the east alittle? I'm not sure though correct me if i'm wrong!...
      I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

Yeah, your right HAND, but i wanted to give the Mongols a better starting postition and next to that lake they have a source of fresh water and more room to grow.

I used this map when deciding to place the mongols.

and the maps on this site for the rest of the map

Ain't war hell?"

Comment

How many civs are there (I see 19 starting positions?), and are they the base civs? This would be a good map for an Ancient to Medieval Mod with 24 European/Oriental Civs, more if available.

Comment

I got 20. Did you see the Zulus?
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

There are 21 Civs
              all except the 3 New world civs, Americans Aztecs and Iroquois

I actaully changed the Aztecs into a viatnamese Civ and was going to post it but my hard drive went down and i lost the file. It helped add some compitition to Asia so that the chinese and indians didn't become so overwelmingly powerful mid/late game. Im still playing the map though to find any weak spots.
              Ain't war hell?"

Comment

that would probably be good, since india and china can expand fairly easily (as can Russia eastward), whereas playing with Germany or France, for example, can be a fairly big pain in the backside. They only have Japan to compete with, and Russia later on if they survive.

Comment

Working...
                X