how to set borders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to set borders?

I was wondering how you set the culture lines/borders in the Editor, for a scenario, or what have you.. any tips? specific techniques?

thanks.

right click on a city that you have placed on the map and you can change the values there.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

but if you're looking to set specific borders, like having borders meet along a river or along a mountain range, it's nearly impossible unless the cities a placed rather specifically. i was using the civ 3 editor to make a map for my D&D campaign, and i found myself rearranging the geography to suit the borders rather than the other way around.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

oh see, thats what i was trying to do. ie, set specific borders. hm, alot of disappointments today... oh well

how hard could it have been, though, to make it so you could lay down exactly where you want borders to be?

Comment

The problem with that is that the border would change immediately as soon as culture for any city changed. It's just not how civ3 creates borders.
          Civilization3
          This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
          If the problem persists, please contact the program vendor.
          Blah!

Comment

Do you reckon they could fix this problem in a patch? Ok there could the normal culture borders, but it can't be hard to have a border just following national outline?

Russia, for example is completely lacking in population in vast areas of its territory, so this would be difficult to put cities in the right areas to create its borders accurately and still have realistic scenario..
            I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

I guess that would require substantial amount of code, I don't think they'll do non-cultural borders. I hope I'm wrong...
              Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

Not in civ3, they won't. That would be a HUGE change, much bigger than even the jump to PtW.

Comment

Working...
                X