Irrigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrigation

I have looked around these great forums for an answer to my question/problem, I did not find anything, so hopefully this is the proper place to post this.

I bought Civ III yesterday (Game of the Year Edition - patched to 1.29F) I played some of the tutorial and all seemed fine. Then I started a Chieftain game as the Germans and I never have gotten the 'irrigate' option for my workers. I have played all of the way up to 18## AD and it continues. Is this a problem that anyone else has experianced, or has a suggestion for on how to fix. It is not easy to expand and keep up with the other civ's when I cannot irrigate any of my tiles.

Thanks.

Comp Specifics:
    Windows XP (fully updated)
    450 MHz PII
    544 MB RAM
    S3 Savage2000 64 MB Video
    ESS 1969 32 MB Sound

I don't mean to sound patronising but you are trying to irrigate next to a lake or river aren't you?

Seriously, you do have to have a source of fresh water to irrigate from until you discover electricity.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Ha Ha, LOL, that is good. I can understand though, you never know who you are dealing with. Yes, I have been trying by lakes, rivers, coastal, etc... I do not get the option on any of these places with the worker.

PS. I have been playing since back in '92 when it was just Civilization, so you can be rest assured, I have tried all of the legal places to irrigate and there is no option for it. (I have tried just using the keystroke also, still nada.)

Thanks

Comment

Odd problem. If you posted a .sav file, then maybe someone could figure it out.

Comment

Well, interestingly enough I seem to have found some sort of a 'fix' or some such thing. What I did was I started a new game (This time at Warlord level, still playing the Germans) I do not know if this has anything to do with it, but I had music this time (which I had turned off before - but I have read elsewhere is a problem sometimes) Anyways, I had the irrigation option at all of the approprite places, so I saved that game and switched back over to the other game. I still had no irrigation option over there, so I went back over to the new game and I am playing on that one. Unfortunatly I wiped out the Save folder in the directory, so I do not have any of the previous saves from the game that was not allowing me to irrigate. Sorry about that. If it does happen again in a future game I will be sure to post a .sav file so that everyone can look at it and perhaps see what is going on. (For now I am going to chalk it up as an XP Gremlin that I had in the computer, and leave it at that.)

I want to thank everyone who has read this thread, perhaps commented on it, and maybe someone else reads this and has experianced this also and knows why it happened. It is very nice to have a forum such as this to post problems, solutions, etc...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X