Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie spy help please

Hi all.

As a new Civ III player, can anyone tell me how to create spies? I've got embassies, I've researched espionage, and I can't figure out what to do next. I can investigate cities, just not plant spies.

And there seems to be no detail on how to do this in the manual or civlopedia.

Thanks

To plant a spy you need to build the Intelligence Agency. You can not build a spy, this is not a unit. You just plant a spy within the AI capitol and, if you are successful, you have a lot of information about the other civ, else you lose reputation points.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Actually, I JUST figured it out. Hate to say this, but I don't think the answer is in the manual, and if it is it certainly isn't clear.

As you all obviously will know, you have to DOUBLE CLICK the pentagon icon adjacent to the city's name (the one where you had built the intelligence agency).

I leave that here for any other newbies who have to strugge to find that answer. =)

Comment

When I double-click the pentagon symbol, nothing happens. What could be the problem? I recall having used espionage without problem in the past.

caralampio

Comment

Originally posted by caralampio
          When I double-click the pentagon symbol, nothing happens. What could be the problem? I recall having used espionage without problem in the past.

caralampio
          Are you sure you are clicking on the Pentagon and not the Capital? The pentagon has a shield like sign and the Capital has a star.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yes, I´m clicking the pentagon. The only thing that happens is that the map is "centered" where I click, but otherwise I get nothing.
            Right now I'm playing another game to see if maybe it was a bug, but I'm still in the early stages {given my bad habit of quitting a game if it doesn't go perfectly as I like it, this may take a while... :-) }

caralampio

Comment

So, I finally got the Pentagon again and now it works. It seems to be a bug (such as when the Palace appears late, or not at all in some games).

Comment

Working...
              X