Placing City over Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing City over Resource

I am currently in my 2nd game of CivIII,so please forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge.
    If I build a city over a resource (oil in this case),do I get the benefits & the (oil) from it?
    Thank you........

You never get more food from any resource under a city. (I think you did in the early versions. I'm not sure about shields, but I know you get the trade) And you get the resource in your trading network.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It's only the extra food you lose, the square the city is on always gets the same amount as what a single citizen requires. The default game is two. You get the benefits of everything else though.

I've noticed that if you have a resource in a city that's not connected to your Palace, the game sometimes gets confused. I've had times where it would think I had Iron, for example, but I was sitting on top of something else entirely. Once it's connected to your Palace, it works just fine though.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Re: Placing City over Resource

Originally posted by DarkLordMithos
          I am currently in my 2nd game of CivIII,so please forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge.
          If I build a city over a resource (oil in this case),do I get the benefits & the (oil) from it?
          Thank you........

You get the ressource, double the shields and gold of you city square though. Best thing to do.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
          X