new wonder idear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wonder idear

i'm sure you can't "mod" this in... so i guess i'm just dreaming eh? well here it is anyway (=

Keep in mind: i JUST thought of this, so it may be an 'old' idea. It may also be full of holes as i haven't thought about it AT ALL.

wonder: Economic Union

Similar to NAFTA, more like the EU, potential members "sign in" to the union.

what it does:
    - trades every resource and luxury you have to others in the union. if you have multiples, the recipients only get 1. You still get your multiples benefit, but eveyone else gets the one.
    - one of the following: 1) changes the 50coin interest limit to 5% of your per-turn income or 2) increases bank output by1% per city over 12 added to the union.

in order to join, 1) you must be invited and 2) you must share contiguous borders with the other invited civs (this guarantees the easy trade route). even if you're on the same continent, this doesn't mean you could join the union. If the border is broken somehow, you're not auto kicked out. For example, if portugal was invited but spain wasn't, portugal is screwed. OTOH, if australia built it, new zealand could join... not continental, but do share a border.

disadvantages...

loss of trade
    lets say England deals with the zulus (yeah right) for ivory, and the ivory goes to the union. the whole union gets happier. if they lose it, everyone loses it.

unhappiness
    if england wars the zulu (heh) english unhappiness can cascade to some pct into the rest of the union, giving england that much more incentive to cut the crap.

should the members be set in stone? Even if it winds up being the whole world, who cares? and if members war eachother, that would 'theoretically' anyway double the cascaded unhappiness, and it could cause real trouble. . .

"wouldn't it be great?"

I like the idea, but I don't think there's any way you can make it for the game.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

of course 9_9 <--- eyeroll

Comment

Working...
      X