Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get error messages when creating scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you get error messages when creating scenarios?

Hi, I am pretty much ignorant of all the creation rules and tricks, but basically I don't have PTW and only the latest patch v1.29f and trying to create a scenario.

I changed the civ names, city lists, special unit attack bonuses, specified starting locs, etc and get the following problems:

1. Some of the leaders, even the ones I don't re-name, their faces don't show up on the diplomacy screen. The relationships don't show up well either (mutual protection treaty, etc.)

2. At the end of the game, it gives an error message and won't even record my final score.

Also, is it just me or is the AI really nasty in this new version? I mean even the weak ones try not to trade with me.

Thanks.
    "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Did you change any Civilopedia Entry ID?

In that case you'll have to edit pediaicons.txt
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      Did you change any Civilopedia Entry ID?

In that case you'll have to edit pediaicons.txt
      I don't understand. Basically, I changed the names of the civs in the editor. What do I need to do, step-by-step? Can you explain in layman's terms? I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. Thanks!
      "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

If you change the Civilopedia Entry for anything (for example a unit) the game will not find that page in the civilopedia, and (depending on what version of the game you have) some graphics may also not be found.

For example Settler:
        Settler has the Civilopedia Entry PRTO_Settler.
        In Pediaicons.txt you will find
        #ICON_PRTO_Settler
        art\civilopedia\icons\units\00settlerlarge.pcx
        art\civilopedia\icons\units\00settlersmall.pcx
        independent of what version of the game you have. If you have PTW you'll also find
        #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler
        Settler
        #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler_ERAS_Industrial_Age
        Settler Modern Times
        #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler_ERAS_Modern_Era
        Settler Modern Times
        Specifying what names the folders of the unit graphics have. In original Civ3 they were selected by the unitname directly.

The names specified must have a folder with an inifile in it inside the Art\Units folder.

In PTW you'll also find
        #UNITICON_PRTO_Settler_ERAS_Industrial_Age
        #UNITICON_PRTO_Settler_ERAS_Modern_Era

Telling what icons sohuld be used for the era specific unit icons. In original civ this was based on the number of units (so the era spcific icons should be the last ones)

Civilopedia.txt will contain #PRTO_SETTLER and #DESC_PRTO_SETTLER with the civilopedia text for the settler.

Basicly the same things applies if you change any of the RACE entries. A good thing to do is to always search for the original entry in civilopedia.txt and pediaicons.txt, to see if you will have to change any of them.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
        X