Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Civil War Scenario (by Procifica)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Civil War Scenario (by Procifica)

THIS SCENARIO HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN FROM THIS FORUM TO PROTEST THE COMPLETE AND UTTER INCOMPETENCE OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINS OF THIS FORUM. SEVERAL TIMES I HAVE ASKED THEM TO PUT THIS THREAD IN THE COMPLETED FILES FORUM, AND IT HAS FALLEN ON DEAF EARS. ALSO, IT SEEMS NO ONE ON THIS FORUM WAS INTERESTED IN THIS SCENARIO ANYWAYS. IF I'M WRONG ABOUT THIS, YOU CAN FIND IT AT THE MUCH BETTER FORUM, CIVFANATICS.
    One of the best scenarios made for Civ3
    0.00%
    A very good scenario, worth playing
    0.00%
    This is an average quality scenario
    0.00%
    Its worth a look, but isn't very good
    0.00%
    I would not recommend this to anyone
    100.00%
    Last edited by Procifica; April 1, 2003, 02:00.

Any updates or changes will be posted here.

All previous versions are listed in the version.txt file that comes with the latest version available for download.

Beta Version 1.40: This is only a partial, summarized list. Salem, Va and Tupelo, Ms added. Massive redoing of population of cities, Home Guard placement, irrigation and building placement. Several cities have had another city not in the scenario combined with them. Several mines were added to Appalachian fringes. Many minor mistakes and bugs have been fixed. Several Confederate coastal cities have been strengthened. Most of the plains and forest stretching from Boston to Washington DC have been changed to grassland. All changes are documented in Version.txt in full.

Beta Version 1.50: This is only a partial, summarized list. Boonville, MO, Sedalia, MO, and Carthage, MO added. Springfield, MO is now a Union city. Union and Confederate forces completely redone in all major theaters. Columbus, KY and New Madrid, MO have been moved one square southwest. Many minor mistakes and bugs fixed. Tech tree is almost complete. Fortresses removed from Washington and Richmond areas, one fortress near Richmond remains. Fortress added near Hagerstown (Harpers Ferry). ACWunits.txt updated. Pediaicons.txt updated (PTW fixes not complete yet). All changes are documented in Version.txt in full.
    Last edited by Procifica; March 5, 2003, 08:12.

Comment

Some general information about the scenario.

I've created the map, to be as accurate as possible. I divided the 160 X 160 map into latitude/longitude blocks, of .15 lat and .25 long. The map stretches from 68 W to 108 W, and from 23 N to 47 N. The map includes the eastern half of the areas known as New Mexico Territory and Colorado Territory, to include the Civil War battles that took place in those areas. In particular, the battles that took place near Santa Fe were important.

Terrain placement was done as accurately as possible, but I could not find a really good source of such, so some areas might be off. I did the best I could and still am updating some areas as I go.

Cities I have placed to within .5 longitude and .3 latitude of their actual latitude/longitude. Nearly all cities though, are within .25/.15. City populations are on a sliding scale, based on the 1860 US Census. Some cities appear to be larger than they should be, this is due to large county populations, or very large increases from the 1860 to 1870 census. In some instances, the larger population includes suburbs with large populations which couldn't be fit due to space restrictions. New York City would be an example of this, Brooklyn at the time was an independent city, but it couldn't fit on the map, so its 272,000 people were combined with NYC's 830,000.

Forts have been placed within the same degree of accuracy, but also all of the forts in the scenario existed in the early 1860's.

Indian tribes have been roughly placed as to where they were located in the early 1860's.

"Railroad" placement is as accurate as possible to the actual railroads of 1860, except for the Northeast, where I could not find a good map. Some areas don't have as many railroads as they should, because it would create too much clutter and hurt the concept of Cavalry raids.

There are currently over 70 units, alot of these though are merely Union and Confederate versions of the same thing, with slightly different stats.

There are about 40 techs in the scenario.

River placement also is as accurate as possible, and only major or ACW significant rivers were placed. The Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Red, Tennessee, and Cumberland Rivers have been made navigable for some or most of their length, to simulate the ability of gunboats to traverse these.

Unit placement is as accurately as possible for the summer of 1861, particulary the armies on the respective frontiers. Some of the "backwater" garrisons may not be completely accurate. Home guards and militia are based on a sliding scale of city population and State population respectively. All units are named as appropriate, to provide more realism to the scenario.

Resources are placed to give each side the ability to build what they need, and if possible are placed in areas where they were likely to be found in 1860. The map though, doesn't have alot of resources on it to make them more valuable.

Irrigation was placed mainly based on city population, and in some instances additional irrigation was placed to connect cities. A mine was given to each city in the Appalachian Mountain chain, from New York to Alabama.

More information will be posted as needed.

Comment

Here is a screenshot of Virginia, from the Confederacy point of view.
        Attached Files

Comment

Soon this scenario will be out of Beta, I mainly need to complete the pediaicons.txt and civilopedia.txt files. The arrows for the tech tree are my next project and will be in the next version (most likely 1.51).

Comment

Great Job. This looks like it will be a great scenario. Being a civil war buff I am excited to play this. Thanks for your hard work. Unfortunetly I have the 1.21f so I'll have to wait for the update.
            "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

New Version

mjmacy, the newest version I'm about to put up, has a fix for PTW 1.14f, the people who have been playtesting the scenario using 1.21f haven't had the chance to see if the fix works for PTW 1.21f yet. So you're welcome to give it a try.

Comment

put it up and I will definatly give it a try.
                "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

I'll upload the latest version in a little while. It should be Beta Version 1.61a, which is the current version. I haven't been uploading every version on this site because of the lack of interest.

Comment

I downloaded the 1.51, and I crashed my game. But if you keep updating I will keep trying to get it to work. thank you.

Comment

Ok, I'm uploading Beta Version 1.60, which someone at civfanatics got to work with PTW 1.21f, by changing the file name from American Civil War.bic to Acw.bic.

Comment

The version above, Beta Version 1.62a, should work with both PTW and vanilla Civ3.

Comment

I'm assuming no one on this forum is interested in this scenario.

The version above will be the last version posted until someone actually is interested in downloading it and posting some feedback, even though I do have later versions available.

Comment

Let's see your latest! I just registered and would love a good game about the War Between the States!

S.

Comment

PTW-compatible version now ready for download

I'm going to be uploading Beta Version 1.81 in a minute, which has new PTW install instructions which will enable this scenario to load properly using PTW. I hope this news will spark more interest in this scenario on this forum.

This scenario is still in beta only because I haven't finished the civilopedia entries. I hope to have these done within the next week or two.

If anyone wishes to help with those, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X