Editor crash on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor crash on startup

I had a lot of problems after i made a clean install of Win XP Pro, the game worked fine, but the animations were in slow motions, and the editor worked just fine, but after i installed de Win XP Service Pack 1, the animation problem was fixed, but surprise! the editor would not launch. the error message is as follows:

there is a small message box with the tittle:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

and the message reads:

Runtime error!
    Program: C:\Games\Civ3\Civ3Edit.exe
    abnormal program termination

can anyone help me?
    thanks in advance

i tell you, this forum has helped me a lot, because at least we share the problems, and the solutions, when they exist...

nacho

video card drivers?

There were alot of problems with SP1 when it came out, don't know if they fixed it by now.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library= not a message you like see
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Exact same. I tried everything, learned all about runtime libraries, still no solution. This is one problem I haven't seen anyone been able to address. Personally I'm at the point of reinstalling Windows and just see what happens. I keep hearing this problem. I keep having it too and if I can't use the editor, the game is pretty much worthless to me past a certain point.
      Railroad Capacity - Version 2

Comment

Working...
      X