Installation problem - data3.cab maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation problem - data3.cab maybe

Would be grateful for any help that can be provided.

I have been playing civ3 on my work laptop. Now trying to install it on my home pc, from the same disk. I have not had any problems with the disc in the last year or so.

It gets 82% through installation and then tells me "insert disk 0 for data3.cab file". I have found one previous thread, but the solution there has not worked for me. I have emailed infogrames, but no reply yet.

It gets stuck on a very large file AncOrfull - which I think is some sort of MP3 file.

I have loads of space on the machine, Dell Dimension XPS T600, Windows 98.

TIA

e-mail infrogrames tech support, they will help you.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

i also got that same error message... that disk 0 having data3.cab thingie...

Comment

I got a very long email from Infogrames explaining several things to do, but noen of it worked. I will try and find it and post it here, in case it works for you

Comment

I have the same problem but it's data2.cab and it stops at 7%. I did all they said and it still doesn't work.

I'd find the thread I made at cfc on the problem but I'm too lazy right now.
          I wish for a custom avatar - it would give me some individuality.
          I am a dissenter of the required first/last name fields.

Comment

SOLUTION TO INSTALATION PROBLEM :-)

It gets 82% through installation and then tells me "insert disk 0 for data3.cab file". I have found one previous thread, but the solution there has not worked for me. I have emailed infogrames, but no reply yet.

I had the same problem, surfed the internet for solutions, found none, and ... EUREKA ... I found a popular program called Virtual CD and used it to fix my Civilization 3 cd errors.

SO HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

1. Download Virtual CD at http://www.virtualcd-online.com.

2. Create a virtual cd copy of your Civilization 3 cd into your hard drive.
            Note: Use the default Virtual CD settings - this already fixes the cd errors.

3. After creating the virtual cd copy, eject the real Civilization 3 cd from your CD drive (Drive D:) and insert the Civilization 3 virtual cd into the virtual hard drive (usually Drive E:).

4. Reinstall Civilization 3 using the Civilization 3 virtual cd.

GOOD LUCK ...

Comment

Is there anyway to get the information off the disk when it is badly scratched? Is there anyway to download the data2.cab file from the internet anywhere? That is the only important file that I need to install the disk from the hard disk on my computer. Please give me a hand on this one.

-Flame

Comment

And someone who could tell me where to download the data3.cab??

pleze

-help

Comment

Working...
                X