No announcement yet.

What would be a good unit for Portugal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be a good unit for Portugal?

I'm adding 7 civs to my mod--Incas, Scots, Ethiopians, Khmers, Portugal, Dutch, and Hebrews. The first four are done.
    I've checked out the extra pack on Wernazuma's site, but I don't like the unit for Portugal--basically an improved caravel. Caravel's aren't attack ships anyway, so I don't like the choice.
    I'm thinking of appropriating Spain's proposed tercio unit, unless I hear a better idea.

Well, that's the problem with all non-offensive UUs in the game, even more with naval units...
    You could maybe use the "Order of Christ", an early military order that fought in the Reconquista. Maybe use it as better medieval infantry. Just a thought.
    Regards, Wernazuma
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I decided to use the Guerillero unit, being a Medieval Infantry with additional defense. OTOH, I could cut the defense and give the Guerillero terrain bonuses instead.
      Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Working...
      X