Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Govenors makes workers when I tell him not to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Govenors makes workers when I tell him not to.

Now before I begin, let me go ahead and say that I did do a search and there's been one other post about this problem, but it wasn't too helpful. Basically I tell me govenors not to build any settlers or workers, (I just want my govenors to manage people's moods, and build improvements, and when they have nothing else to do, produce wealth. [IE: I want autobuild from MOO2. ]) However the nutty govenors keeping doing workers, and now it's not usually soo bad, but when their populations dropping down into the 6 range when most cities are 20 and I have the entire continent blanketed in improvements it's quite bothering. If anyone knows what I should be telling my govenors to do so they'll do what I want them to that'll be fine. I'm sure it's just something really silly.

Oh BTW I'm using plain Civ3 with the latest patch (1.29f I think.)
    - Furluge -
    Procrastinating about signature creation since 1995

The governors are not, unfortunately, perfect. If they have the power to control what is built they make some strange choices, particularly in the late game.

The only satisfactory solution I have found is to manage the city build lists myself and only let the governors control citizen moods. Micromanaging workers and tile improvements then controls city size and wealth/shields output.

Even this has problems as a governor occasionally goes to sleep and lets a population point starve unnecessarily.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Just never use them, unlit late in the game. The only way to improve your gameplay.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The only time I use them is if I'm at war in a Democracy and war weariness is creeping in, and then only for managing moods. Other than that they're pretty useless. Since I can create a sizable build queue, I don't really see the value of using them to manage production.

Comment

Hmm, that's not too encouraging... I think I found some things but generally it seems the guys just avoid defaulting to wealth when there's nothing for them to do.. Quite a bother really. And yes I understand what you say about micromanaging, and yes I know that'll work, but I really hate micromanaging. I guess I'll never see this problem being fixed in the future, huh?
          - Furluge -
          Procrastinating about signature creation since 1995

Comment

That's the nature of the game
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
            X