Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV 3 helpless crashing... unable to finish any game

Hi.
    My copy of CIV3 always played perfectly on my WinME machine, and always played just fine since the game came out.
    Last christmas I did an overall upgrade. New Board, processor, HD and RAM.
    I also moved to WinXP PRO English.
    Since then CIV 3 helplessly crashes and I cannot finish a game.

I had inumerous problems when reinstalling the game although win xp installed just fine.
    Finally I achieved a good install, installing CIV on the slave HD (I now use for backup.)

My sistem is board ECS p4vxasd2+ , P4 2.4Ghz, IBM deskstar 80GB, 512 RAM, a gforce mx200, the slave HD is a 10Gig wdigital. Of course civ is patched 1.29f.

I've tried just about everything and I've narrowed the problem down to this:

It doesn't matter how many civs I play against, how big is the world, or the difficulty level.
    During any type of game, sooner or later I will need to contact another civ or they will contact me, the game will crash.
    I will revert to my last save or to the last autosave and it will always crash. So since last christmas I'm unable to finish any game.

Attached goes a copy of an autosave. Go and contact the chinese I'm at war with. The diplomacy screen will appear for a second or two, and the game exits without an error message.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nproenca; February 21, 2003, 08:09.

i'll give it a try later this weekend
    I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

sorry i have not dont this yet, i caught the plague and did nothing but lay on the couch and feel miserable. i'll take a look at it when i get a chance
      I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Working...
      X