Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAP: New Earth Map PTW 362x362. (17 Feb. 2003)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So playing this map on a Celeron 533mhz +256mb ram is out of the question?
    I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by HAND


      omg! 8gb RAM!!!! I assume thats 1Gb sticks..
      Yep. This is actually my main SQL Server at work. My home machine is a measly PII 450 Mhz, 320 MB RAM.

      I have noticed that if a play Civ3 on this server when there is heavy activity on it, the end users start complaining about it being slow.

      I just tell them to reboot.....
      Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
      Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
      I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by gameforchiu
        Any people get following problem?

        Around 1400- 1800 , every civs create so many cities. then it will match the max. of the cities in the game.
        The player cannot create a new city again , except you destroy other cities or civs.

        Thx

        Gameforchiu
        I beleive the limit is 512 cities, which is no problem on that size of a map. I hit the max already and South America doesn't have 1 city!!!!!

        Awesome map el mencey.

        And for those wondering I have an AMD 1900+ with 1 gig of memory. I'm at about 1100ad right now and it takes about 4 minutes between turns. And another note to others is that the Chinese are easy. They got probably the best location on the map.

        Comment


        • #19
          Thx
          I used the Chinese. And also the whole south America has no any city and Austraisa also has no city.

          @@
          Any method can increase the max. of city more than 512?

          Thx

          gameforchiu

          Comment


          • #20
            I believe the 512 is hardcoded in the game........not unless it was put into the editor with the last patch for PTW.

            Comment


            • #21
              362 earth map C3C (small changes)

              In order to turn the map to your language you must open the C3C editor, soon to go to the menu "file" - > "To import" and select all the squares (rules, maps and players)

              Enjoy
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #22
                Map

                Download Map

                Comment


                • #23
                  removed after 5 downloads
                  Last edited by el mencey; December 14, 2003, 05:26.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I love this map. It's sooo huge.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

                    Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Why do the Arabs have two starting locations?
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

                      Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Sorry, its already corrected. Thanks Jaguar Warrior.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Download

                          Download
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You're welcome.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

                            Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Considering that this map is the best and most realistic world map ever made for Civilization game, I wrote a calculator for converting real world weapon system ranges to Civ 3 unit ranges, along with detailed explanation of El Mencey's 362x362 map tile geometry.

                              Calculator and explanation

                              Get more excellent maps from El Mencey's website: Spanish, English
                              Military Research and Simulations Initiative

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by maciek
                                Considering that this map is the best and most realistic world map ever made for Civilization game, I wrote a calculator for converting real world weapon system ranges to Civ 3 unit ranges, along with detailed explanation of El Mencey's 362x362 map tile geometry.

                                Calculator and explanation

                                Get more excellent maps from El Mencey's website: Spanish, English
                                In your opinion you should say.


                                I look at this map and to areas such as the United Kingdom and weep.

                                The highlands of Scotland are flat. There are no Pennines or indeed much features there at all. Ireland is completely flat and not a bog in sight (C3C).

                                This is just symptomatic of the whole map in my opinion...very spartan detail on a good template.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X