war refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• war refugees

Wouldnt it be cool if kind of 'settler' type refugee units escaped from cities under attack in one Civ and they could cross the border into your nice peacefull prosperous Civ and add themselves to your population or maybe found a new city under your control? Wow thats the longest sentence I ever wrote.

Yes, it would be cool, but Firaxis won't patch Civ 3 to include it. You could always suggest such a feature for a future civ game.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Yeah when you used forced labour some of them would run off to the nearest civ and join the other civ's cities. After all according to the manual you lose pop points not from deaths in forced labour but from people leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTweek
        After all according to the manual you lose pop points not from deaths in forced labour but from people leaving.
        An euphemistic interpretation indeed.

Can we pretend the same when cities are bombarded or nuked?
        The difference between industrial society and information society:
        In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
        In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

It's not my interpertation it's what the manual says-people flee during forced labour to leave your opressive rule. I think that's reasonable some flee and some die, hence some of the people would flee to the closest civ as refugees. Not everyone is going to stick around and be worked to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
            Yes, it would be cool, but Firaxis won't patch Civ 3 to include it. You could always suggest such a feature for a future civ game.
            True about Firaxis, I was thinking somebody could fake it somehow with a mod maybe.

SirTweek: having barely glanced at the manual I couldnt say either way. About your forced labour suggestion though, its similar to another idea I had. How about if you had a democracy and your neighbor was communist. Maybe periodically a settler would defect to your Civ. Or if you came across the Communist Civs units somehwere in neutral territory theres a chance that the units might defect to you.

Comment

Working...
            X