CivIII music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivIII music

Don't know if this was asked before, but is there a way to change the music for CivIII? No offense to the developers, but I find most of the CivIII music irritating to my ears.
    "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
    but when there has been naming
    we should also know when to stop.
    Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Turn it off on the prefences menu and just play some of your own mp3s in another program. Though I assume that you could change it by replacing some files in Civ3 | Sounds
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I agree, the modern age music from Civ3 makes me want to hurt people (which is a nasty proposition in the age of nukes & MA's). I just turn it off and listen to my XM radio instead; I find opera goes well with world domination.
      Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
      If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
      If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

I've actually 'modded' in music from other games to replace both the modern music and the greco-roman industrial music. The files are in Civilization III\Sounds\build and are contained in the three self describing folders. When you are changing music, make sure to make the new mp3s have the same stats as the originals (I don't remember exactly what they are) else the music will play double fast, etc. That's probably enough info...

On a personal note, does anyone know anyway to extract the music from the original civ2 Cd? I've been trying to put it in for a few hours now, and I can play the files but can't see them! Any help anyone can offer will be appreciated!

Comment

I always thought it would be neat to take the music from Civ2, convert it to mp3s and put it in Civ3.

Comment

I've been trying on and off for about a year, so if anyone has heard any leads on how to, I'd be grateful!

Comment

You need a program that can rip the music tracks off of the Civ2 cd. Then convert them to mp3s. I have such a program on my home computer, but its name currently escapes me. Just do a search for cd rippers.
              Dr. Jones

Finagle's Law - The perversity of the universe tends toward a maximum.

Comment

Could you be more specific? The main problem I'm facing is that when the cd is in a computer, it is read as a data cd and no music files are available. However, the music can be played in a media player; even on a standard cd-stereo system. I don't understand how to get at the music files on the cd when they cannot be read....

Comment

Try Audiograbber.

Friggin Best Buy version of Civ2 doesn't have CDDA...
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Tatilla, that program worked like a charm! Thank you very much- my long search is over. Is anyone interested in getting these mp3 from me? If so, I don't know how to post them or anything, so guide me through it!

Comment

Working...
                    X