How do i get ai koreans to build their UU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get ai koreans to build their UU

Been away awhile, (gots me a girlfriend), so hope this has not been too hashed out.
    How do I do it? I've tried to mod the hwa'cha into something the ai would want to build, giving it a defensive strength of 4, making it cheap, available with gunpowder, specified bombartment units as build often for koreans. can't change designation of unit to defensive, though...
    I solved this problem with the berserk (subbed it for medieval infantry) and conquistador (available w/ astronomy, made it slightly better/cheaper than knight), but i'm stumped on this one. By the way, how does this unit trigger a golden age unmoded?
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

sorry about double post - hate it when this happens
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

There's a problem with siege units in general. The AI builds them very rarely, and almost never uses them.

Giving all civs the "Build artillery often" will make them build some more, but I'm still gonna paint a cross in the ceiling when the AI brings up siege units to my cities.

(For some reason Swedes promise to paint a cross in the ceiling when something improbable happens.)
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Really? (I mean the cross on the cieling thing - I'm 1/4 Swedish myself) Yeah, I really wish the AI would use siege units more - would make it sooooo much more challenging.

I think I solved my problem, though. I realized I could not make the hwacha a "defensive unit" unless I gave it an offensive strength. so i did - now it replaces the musket man - 2-4-1, plus the bombardment ability. Just playtested it and SUCCESS!!!!!! AI builds 'em, uses 'em as primary defenders, and JEEZ - makes attacking their cities a nightmare.

You know, I'm always amazed at the apparant lack of playtesting in this series of games (civ III). Thank God for the editor. I think I'll paint a cross on my cieling when they actually playtest sufficiently a product before its release.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Great, I bet this will work with other artillery units. Now if we could just get the AI to use them on offense.

Comment

Working...
          X