MAP: Venus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: Venus

No-one seems to have posted a map here for a while, so here's one for those among you who like such things... It's a 160x160 Civ3 map of Venus, based on radar scans of that planet's surface. It works best with 8-16 civs.

I put sea level at the median height, so that means roughly 50% of the map is sea and 50% is land. This in turn means that there is more land available for a normal map of this size, so I increased the optimal number of cities so that you can create big empires
    without suffering from crippling corruption. This is the only rule change.

Terrain and resources follow Earth standards, although this could never be considered truly "realistic" (coal and oil deposits would be hard to explain even on a terraformed Venus).

Here's a mini-map so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Have fun!

Richard
    Attached Files

Phooey! I missed the .jpg off the image file.

Richard

Comment

thank you

Comment

Uhh Venus is a Gas planet so how the hell is land there?

Comment

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and Pluto are all rock planets. Venus is not a gas planet, yes Venus has a lot of Greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, but it is not a gas planet. A gas planet is Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune or Uranus.
          "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
          "The bloody dog is dead"
          ------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker
            Uhh Venus is a Gas planet so how the hell is land there?
            Astronomy noob!
            Looks good, I'll try it out...
            Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Condorswarm
              Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and Pluto are all rock planets. Venus is not a gas planet, yes Venus has a lot of Greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, but it is not a gas planet. A gas planet is Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune or Uranus.
              Really!?I thought that Venus was one of the gas planets.Well thanks for straigthening that out for me.

Comment

No problem .
                "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
                "The bloody dog is dead"
                ------------------------------------------

Comment

Technically all planets have a solid surface somewhere beneath the gasses.
                  Pentagenesis for Civ III
                  Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                  Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

yeah, there is ice on jupiter.

okay, it's frozen by pressure rather than temperature, but still...
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Wonder why a gas-filled rocky mass is called "Venus"
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                      X