Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1024 X 768 Problem

First of hi everyone.

OK, i recently bought Civ III for my comp and ive got a prob. Im running it on a system with well over the min req but i still have a problem with my screen resoulution in the game. I have my settings on 1024 X 768 with 32 bit colour but the game runs with a black border all the way around the screen (at about 1 inch thickness). It doesnt stop me playing the game, but it does annoy me greately. My graphics card is new, and does support the settings i use, so any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks.

PS Appologies if this has been asked before.

never had that problem myself, and my desktop runs in 800x600 mode. Have you tried to install the latest drivers for your gfx card?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Ive not had the card long at all, so i would have thought drivers would be up to date. But ill check it out anyhow. By the way the borderes are more like one centimeter thick not an inch. Thanks.

Comment

Do you normally run your computer at a resolution other than 1024x768?

Many monitors store settings separately for each resolution. I'll bet you can clear it up with the little buttons on the front of your monitor.

Of couse, if your computer is normally at a higher resolution than 1024x768, you may prefer to use the "KeepRes=1" option in your *.ini file.
        "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

Comment

If you have a cheap monitor you will have that too.

I run mine @ 1600x1200 and have 1/4 inch black border on the top and right side when I play Civ3. You have 3 choices:

1. Buy a high end monitor.

2. Adjust your monitor settings every time you enter and leave Civ 3.

3. Deal with it.
          Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
          Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
          I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Working...
          X