Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having more than 8 luxuries cause any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does having more than 8 luxuries cause any problems?

Display problems, crashes, whatever, in reference to instances where a single cive acquires more than eight, player or AI.

I'm sure this has been hashed out before, but my dumbass self can't find any relevant posts, so I thought I'd ask.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

I think it does with Civ3 Classic, But I know for a fact that has been fixed in PTW.
    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

And for 1.29 no PTW civ3 ?
      Excuse my orthography, my grammar, my syntax, my vocabulary and my punctuation, but hey, you probably saw worse
      If not.. Enjoy ! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Supa
        And for 1.29 no PTW civ3 ?
        I THINK the 1.29 patch fixed it, but I am not sure... I say back up your files and give it a try.
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

Great -- Thanks!

Comment

I think actually having control of more than 8 luxury resources won't make your people any happier than just having 8 though. Give it a try though.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

With the 1.29 patch it won't cause any problems to add more but unless you replace another resource with the new one it won't show up in the city view once you get the original 8.

Comment

Why need more than 8 luxuries?
                though, i would like to have more bonus resource

Comment

I am now testing a mod with 15 strategic resources and eighteen luxury resources. My ridiculously enhanced civ has collected all eighteen luxuries and ten of the strategics, no crashing probs to repost, though only the first eight luxuries appear in the city view, the and strategics are slowly making their way toward the city name.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                    I am now testing a mod with 15 strategic resources and eighteen luxury resources. My ridiculously enhanced civ has collected all eighteen luxuries and ten of the strategics, no crashing probs to repost, though only the first eight luxuries appear in the city view, the and strategics are slowly making their way toward the city name.
                    They will eventually make their way across the screen, partially obscuring the city name.

Comment

Working...
                    X