Info asymmetry with AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info asymmetry with AI

Do AIs exactly know the location and position of all your units or do they not? Do they know 'part' of this info?
    The Play the World strategy guide is a bit vauge on this, saying that AI "senses" weaknes.!?

Thank you.
    Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

I am not sure there is a clear answer from Firaxis, but it is true that the AI very often attacks at the weakest point.
    I remember someone explaining that an AI he was at war with made a great journey to attack his weakest city at the opposite side of his empire.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

The AI knows where ALL of your units are as well as ALL of the Strategic Resources--even if they 'shouldn't be able to see them' yet. This is a 'known AI cheat'.

This has been discussed several times before, but I cannot remember where.

It has something to do with the computer having to put all the units on the map and then having to write more code to 'hide' units. That was deemed too convoluted.
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

yes, the "all-seeing" AI is a known AI cheat. It doesn't bother me, though, because I am able to win even knowing less than the AI.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
        X