Substitute units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitute units

This might have been brought up before...

Some of the units which require a strategic resource should be available in a substitute version, not requiring the resource, but with some kind of drawback.

Iron units' substitutes should be weaker, since they would use copper, bone or whatever they'd get.

Saltpeter units' substitutes should simply cost more, since saltpeter can be extracted from manure with some work.

Oil units' substitutes should require Coal, be slower and cost more. You can make liquid fuel from coal, but you'd rather use oil.

Rubber units' substitutes should require Oil and be a little weaker. You can make synthetic rubber, but the real thing is stronger.

Aluminum units' substitutes should be slower or have shorter operational range.

Uranium units, well - no uranium, no nukes...

I don't know how to make mounted units without horses, but late mounted units should maybe not require horses because one can assume horses to be spread across the world by that time.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Re: Substitute units

Originally posted by Optimizer
    I don't know how to make mounted units without horses, but late mounted units should maybe not require horses because one can assume horses to be spread across the world by that time.
    Camels, my friend. Camels.
    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Not wrong idea Optimizer, but you must creat for every Resource an extra unit. It's a bit diffikulty mmh so many work argh!!

P.S. look at my thread i have some Buildins pictures paste.
      if you want.
      Ich bin die Leere , Samiel.
      Ich bin stolz auf mein Vaterland ohne rassistisch zu sein.
      Die Kirche soll verrecken.
      Böhse Onkelz immer wieder immer wieder

Comment

Camels would be cool, but I don't think camels are easier to find than horses.

Creating more units is OK for me. I'd just use the same animations.

Comment

Jets with iron are lower as with alluminium.
          Nukes need uranium AND Wasserstoff AND Oxygen!
          Oxygen is normally overall but you must invent Pressluftverfahren(sorry this i didn't know). And Wasserstoff must find in a ressore that called Wasserstoffdestilierer.

Comment

Wasserstoff = hydrogen = väte
            Pressluftverfahren = air compression
            Wasserstoffdestiliere = hydrogen distiller

Why should the hydrogen distiller be a resource? Can't you build it anywhere?

Anyway, I agree that building nukes should be more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimizer
              Camels would be cool, but I don't think camels are easier to find than horses..
              You're right, they would be harder, unless you are in the middle of a vast desert where there are plenty of horses with no camels.

I also use a copper resource to coincide with Iron - similar but different units in the same time period
              Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
              Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
              I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

with hydrogendestiller mean i a symbol for Hydrogen as a recoures.Hooply you understand me. or what is with Deuterium (heavy water)(orginally for atomiccrafts)

Comment

I use wood to build arrows(Bogenschützen) and warriors(because the wood axe)
                  i use stone to build stonebuildings how Pyramid, walls etc. ,too.

How like you my Worldtradecenter???

Comment

Deuterium (heavy hydrogen) replaces regular hydrogen in all compounds, so it is usually extracted from sea water. No problem to find enough of it.

Comment

Deuterium is NOT heavy hydrogen it is H(2 1)O .Know you Isotops(Science!). what is with Alkans(you know methan, Ethan...) to build Heizkraftwerk? And Triterium is H(3 1)O bla bla bla bla ....
                      ..bla bla and this is the end of my tomic presentations. Now i explin the temporal 4d Diemensions from the Feuerbachfreis bla bal......

Comment

Deuterium and heavy hydrogen are the same.

Please see this link.

What have methane and ethane got to do with it?

Comment

Samiel, your World Trade Center picture looks good.

As for substitute units you could have bronze "Axemen" (like in AoE) substitute Swordsmen (who need Iron). Hmm... And how about Crossbowmen act as a substitute for Musketmen?
                          "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
                          but when there has been naming
                          we should also know when to stop.
                          Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Perhaps you could add a 'Refining' technology for various metals and tie stronger units to that tech.
                            For instance Iron can be found in some places at the surface and was used (pre refining) to make swords and other weapons. These were weak and often brittle though due to impurities in the metal. Refined Iron would make stronger swords for better attacking units.

Comment

Sorry opitmizer. You say the true. Clay good Idea from you, you create an extra refining iron recoures. But you must create extra unit for the same.
                              Azeem have you create a bronze recoures? or any images from bronze for me then i can create this.
                              And Azzem i working an the Berliner Fernsehturm, too.
                              Have you ideas for another Wounders?

Comment

Working...
                              X