• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd have to call it Jeff Morris too
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

You may want to check entry 52 -- I'm fairly sure that should be "Jewish Relics".
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
        You may want to check entry 52 -- I'm fairly sure that should be "Jewish Relics".
        I fixed the listing. I am admittedly quite ignorant in most religions, so I apologize for any offense that may have caused. Thank you for pointing that out. I will make the correction in my upcoming Mod as well.
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

That's alright I'm having fun with this. I added sugar as a luxury resource, and was a little shocked when I saw these huge white cubes dotting the the landscape...

BTW, you may want to consider adding an entry for cocoa -- an exceedly important commody back in the day.

I'm using the Holy Grail to represent that at the moment.

Comment

BTW, you may want to consider adding an entry for cocoa -- an exceedly important commody back in the day.
            Not a bad idea at all..... and one my GF might actually agree with......
            Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
            Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

Well I have at least 6 more resources I am thinking about adding soon, but I think you will be hard-pressed to represent 90 resources sufficiently in a non MegaMap. My Scenario uses a 200 x 200 map, and in order to represent the current 84 resources in the numbers I want, I have had to do some tweaking in regards to food. I doubled the amount of food each citizen eats, and doubled the population it takes to build a worker from 1 to 2 and a Settler from 3 to 4. This makes growth very difficult - unless a city has an abundance of food-increasing resources. It also forces you to use colonisation.

The main point of all this was so I could have a relatively resource-heavy map without having a tremendous boom in all civs. It ending up doing a lot of other cool things.

Well anyway I might expand the resources to 90, but if you plan on using all of them you better have one hell of a machine - with my testing you needed the map to be at least 300x300 with that many resources or it will be ridiculously overcrowded.

Comment

I like 256x256 and larger, myself.

Comment

I like 256x256 and larger, myself.
                  So would I, if I could play them. The scenario I am doing is going to have 2 map sizes: 200x200 & 362x362.

I have a P-II 450 with 320 MB RAM, and can play the 200x200 with up to 10 players with no significant slowdown. Slower PCs may need to reduce the players.

The slowdown on the 362x362 is significant for me, but I will allow people with monster machines to put up to 31 civs on it.

Keep in mind that the scarceness of food supplies in my scenario calls for much slower growth and expansion, and seems to make the AI more aggressive towards civs containing larger food crops. I have seen a lot more civs get killed of by other AI civs in these scenarios than the regular game. All of this keeps the slowdown to a minimum, allowing people with slower machines to play on larger maps with more civs than normal.

This just stresses even more the importance of food-heavy resources.

Comment

I have posted in a different thread a new 96 Resource file. Not only are there 12 new resources, but several of the ones in this file have been touched up or replaced altogether.

Its in there!

Comment

I noticed.

"Unfortunately", I already made my own.

Comment

Many of the resources you have question marks by (???) come from the Double Your Pleasure mod. At least that's where I've seen them.
                        "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                        - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

Originally posted by MotownDennis
                          Many of the resources you have question marks by (???) come from the Double Your Pleasure mod. At least that's where I've seen them.
                          Thanks for the info, MTD. Do you happen to know which ones so I can update the list and have an accurate one for the 96 resources thread?

TIA

Comment

These ones from your list are in the Dyp mod:

Elephants
                            Olives (it actually represents olive oil in the dyp mod)
                            Tobacco
                            Sheep (this one represents wool)
                            Bananas (represents tropical fruit)
                            Tea
                            Cotton
                            Coffee (is in the mod but looks different than your picture)
                            Sugar
                            Corn
                            Medicinal Herbs (this is rice in dyp)
                            Apples (represents fruit in dyp)
                            Oasis
                            Pigs
                            Steel (this image represents silver in dyp)
                            Camel
                            Pearls

I think that's it - at least as far as resources that are not included in Regular CivIII.
                            "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                            - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

OK I have now updated the credits and given the DYP mod credit for all that you listed except coffee, as I know that graphic came from Harlan.

Thank you for the help!

I have also clearly marked the resources which have had graphical changes or been replaced entirely in the 96 Resources version. That way you don't unknowingly remove the beloved Castle ruins from your game should you decide to upgrade.
                              Last edited by Amesjustin; April 5, 2003, 23:28.

Comment

Latest version is here: http://cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/viewtopic.php?t=5692

Comment

Working...
                                X