Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some quick unit editing questions...

Pardon my ignorance....but i was wondering

1....what exactly does the HP bonus do?...what does a negative HP bonus do?

2....wheeled tagged units cant cross mountains/hills/forrest/jungle with out a road....right?

3....if a unit has movement 3 and attack 10 and its tagged blits....then will it attack 3 times on one turn?

4...what does the draft tag do?

5...whats stealth as opposed to invisible....will invisible units look different on the game screen

6...lets say i make a unit prereq litterature....but a resource uranium....will the unit not be able to be built until theres uranium on the map....is there always unranium on the map...and is there always iron on the map....my memory isnt what it used to be...

and lastly....

7....ive downloaded just about every unit on Apolyton and CivFanatics....is there anywhere else i can get units....fantasy based prefered...

thanks people...

1. A unit with +1HP would start out with 3HP at Conscript, 4HP at Regular, 5HP at Veteran and 6HP at Elite. You can also give -1HP, which I use to simulate poor training. So a regular -1HP Regular would have 2HP. You can't have a unit start off with less than 1HP, though.

2. Right, although you can change this in the editor.

3. Yep, although I think that each attack subtracts 1 move point (so, in your example, if it attacked 3 times it couldn't move)

4. Allows the unit to be drafted once you discover the prerequisite tech for drafting (default is Nationalism). Also, you can only draft units in a size 7+ city. Finally, if youa re normally able to build more than one draft unit, the best one will be the draft choice.

5. Invisible units look no different to you, but can only be seen by the enemy if it passes within 1 square of an enemy unit. The stealth tag is for aircraft and reduces the chance of it being shot down from 50% to 5% (again, moddable).

6. You're never able to build any unit until all prerequisites are fulfilled for that unit. So, in this case, you would need to wait until the modern age.

7. Yes, but the site in question are evil, sneaky, bandwidth-stealing, member-stealing, dodgy dealings, untrustworthy people.
    Last edited by zulu9812; January 23, 2003, 08:28.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Re: some quick unit editing questions...

Originally posted by MindsBigger

7....ive downloaded just about every unit on Apolyton and CivFanatics....is there anywhere else i can get units....fantasy based prefered...
      Check out this thread:

Multi-unit forum

There's also a utility available so you can make your own.

Comment

Working...
      X