Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Hey I have a quick question,

I was looking for cheats on how to get the 100k gold at the begining of the game.

It says to put in the name Leermur as your leader.
    However everytime I do this it does not work

can anyone help with a step by step process.

Thanks.

Leermur was an old code. Here is a mod I whipped up that will start you with 100k gold:
    Attached Files
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Leemur was/is a cheat for CTP. Use debug mode, and use the shift/control keys in combination with the function keys.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I've heard quite a bit about this "debug mode." My only question is: What the heck is it? Is it a program that I can download? Is it part of the game? How is it activated?
        Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
        If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
        If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

Go into your editor and select Scenario then Scenario Properties. You'll see the check box on the page that comes up.

Comment

Ohh *slaps head* that makes sense. Thanks Willem.
            Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
            If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
            If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

OK I must be slow

so the Leemur thing does not work.

and what is all that shift control stuff

where do I perform those functions

please explain

I just started to play this game

and have been getting my butt kicked

becasue by the time I get a decent population

I keep getting the word age about

we are running low in funds

so please help

Comment

You're wasting your time, there are no cheats. I guess you're just going to have to learn to play better. Learn from your mistakes and you should get it eventually.

As for your treasury problem, build lots of roads, Marketplaces, Banks etc. And an important one, don't just set your science bar at a certain rate and leave it, you have to adjust it all the time. You're just wasting money that way.

Comment

When you get the warning about running low on cash, go to the Domestic Advisor (F1 key) and adjust the slider to give you more money per turn. Don't set it too high, though, because your scientific research will slow down too much.

I agree 100% with Wilem's advice. Other tips: Play on the lowest level until you are successful, then move up a level. Some starting positions are extreeeemly challenging, so don't be discouraged by losses.

Read the forums for a wealth of good advice. Learn to use the Search function to find previous discussions on your problem areas.

And keep asking questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple
                    Some starting positions are extreeeemly challenging, so don't be discouraged by losses.
                    Or restart your game

Comment

In a bit more detail...
                      1.) On the F1 screen set the slider to the the fastest possible that still gives you a profit. When you see that a tech is one turn away from completion, turn this rate down, as often you do not require a whole turn's research. This will give you a cash bonus. Only turn it down so far that it still only says one turn to go, or you will be wasting your time.
                      2.) Build roads everywhere. And mine and irrigate like mad. Get some more workers.
                      3.) Big armies cost money. Really big armies cost lots of money. So only build big armies if you have a big empire.
                      4.) Change government out of Despotism ASAP. This will increase your income substantially.
                      5.) Sell technology to the AI. If you sell a tech, sell it to all of them, or they will just give it away to each other and you've missed out on a big profit. I once recieved 20,000 gold (total) for Fusion from 12 other civs. Nice. Always counter-offer a bit more, and then a bit more etc...
                      6.) Build LOTS OF CITIES ! You can NEVER have too many cities (well, there _is_ a limit ) Build around your capitol in rings.
                      7.) After changing to a better government build Marketplaces and then Banks. Very useful.
                      8.) Keep an eye on the Tax/Science slider. You can never go faster than 4 turns per tech, and never slower than 40. Try to find a middle point that will give you a small profit.
                      9.) Beat up other civs and take their gold and tech. And women and cows

-Hope that helps you get started.

*sighs remembering first game of Civ3*

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                        5.) Sell technology to the AI. If you sell a tech, sell it to all of them, or they will just give it away to each other and you've missed out on a big profit. I once recieved 20,000 gold (total) for Fusion from 12 other civs. Nice. Always counter-offer a bit more, and then a bit more etc...
                        Small precision to achieve this : NEVER SELL A TECH TO THE AI DURING ITS TURN.
                        Nym
                        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

True, it will then give it away before its gets round to your turn again.

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Re: help

Originally posted by neal74
                            Hey I have a quick question,

I was looking for cheats on how to get the 100k gold at the begining of the game.

It says to put in the name Leermur as your leader.
                            However everytime I do this it does not work

can anyone help with a step by step process.

Thanks.
                            hi ,

make a scenario with the editor , .....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

and what is all that shift control stuff
                              While in debug mode, you can add money, pop, etc... by pressing certain keys.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X