Making units attack less than their moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making units attack less than their moves

I play always with my own personal mod. Among other things, this includes a great increase in movement values of ships as I find the default ones way too low, especially as I prefer huge maps. My battleships and other ind/modern ships move 25 each turn. I also want these to be able to have more than one shot to justify the high price for the battleship. But adding the blitz-parameter will be too powerful as this will mean each battleship can bombard 25 times. Is it some way to increase the number of possible attacks other than the blitz-parameter, so my battleships could have e.g. 5 attacks and still have 25 moves?

Thanks

I can't speak for PTW but in the 1.29 Editor you can give ships the 'Treat all terrain as Roads' ability that will allow them to travel 3 spaces per movement point. You could then set you Battleships movement points down to 8 (allowing them to go 24 spaces) and give them the Blitz ability (for 8 attacks).
    Sorry but that's probably the only way you can do something like that...at least in 1.29.

Comment

You might want to give higher movement costs for various water squares, so it eats up potential attacks. Then only ships that start a turn point-blank with their targets can really go wild with their attacks. (Does "blitz" affect bombardment?)

(Referring to PTW's editing abilities. I currently have movement cost of 2 for sea and 3 for ocean, with more modern ships using the "ignore movement penalties" flag for one or both squares. Don't have the blitz function active though.)
      |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
      | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Originally posted by Clay
        I can't speak for PTW but in the 1.29 Editor you can give ships the 'Treat all terrain as Roads' ability that will allow them to travel 3 spaces per movement point. You could then set you Battleships movement points down to 8 (allowing them to go 24 spaces) and give them the Blitz ability (for 8 attacks).
        Sorry but that's probably the only way you can do something like that...at least in 1.29.
        Good idea! I normally play with a road movement of 6 as I normally use huge maps, so it will be a reasonable attack anyway. Or attacking 8 times can be good as well

I think the "Treat all terrain as Roads" ability is availlable in PTW as well! Thanks!

Originally posted by Sinapus
        You might want to give higher movement costs for various water squares, so it eats up potential attacks. Then only ships that start a turn point-blank with their targets can really go wild with their attacks. (Does "blitz" affect bombardment?)

(Referring to PTW's editing abilities. I currently have movement cost of 2 for sea and 3 for ocean, with more modern ships using the "ignore movement penalties" flag for one or both squares. Don't have the blitz function active though.)
        Thanks, I'll look at this as well! Yes, the "Blitz" ability affect bombardment as well.

Comment

Working...
        X