Editor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor Questions

1. In the improvements section, how does the "production" value work? At first I thought it was a multiplier, but it cannot since (factory=2) and (nuclear plant=4)

2. Also in improvements, how do the power plants know which improvements are other power plants, so they can then replace them?

If anyone can answer, thanks!

I can answer 2, but I've not played with production, so I can't tell you what that is. according to the help however it says it is a fixed number of shields generated by the improvments. I've hadn't have time to check wether it is so or not. Anyone that know for sure?

Now for 2: There is a checkbox: 'Replaces all improvments with this flag set' checked for all powerplants.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

So for 2, does this mean that the flag can only be used for one type of building? ie: you could not have multiple types of granaries and of powerplants? Sounds like this is the case. That's a bit restrictive. Thanks a lot though G, I've been waiting for a reply for hours!

Comment

production value just adds whatever that value is to the production of that city - it is NOT a multiplier.
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

I did some testing last night and here's what I've found:
          Despite the claims of the help file to the contrary, the production value is in fact a multiplier of 25%. Power plant, factory, and other improvement production values are added to one another and multiplied by 25% of the raw shield income of a city.

Here is my example. Thebes produces 10 shields unassisted. With a factory (production=2; 50% increase) Thebes produces 15 shields. With a nuclear plant (production=4; additional 100%) Thebes then produces 25 shields, that is an altogether addition of 150%, or 15 shields, to the base 10 produced from the land.

Comment

Tahnk you for some very valuable information.
            Pentagenesis for Civ III
            Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 0bsidi0n
              So for 2, does this mean that the flag can only be used for one type of building? ie: you could not have multiple types of granaries and of powerplants? Sounds like this is the case. That's a bit restrictive. Thanks a lot though G, I've been waiting for a reply for hours!
              No, unfortunately there's no way to attach that flag to anything but power plants. I agree, it is restrictive.

Comment

Here is a Tutorial that might help with any more Improvement related questions. If you find anything wrong with it let me know.

Comment

Another question.....

supposedly govt specific buildings will still work in a different govt.....

(I.E. concentration camps built during West Moldavia's Fascist regime are still functional in it's new Democratic government.)

can Anybody confirm or deny this? I have yet to test it myself.
                  Pentagenesis for Civ III
                  Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                  Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NeOmega
                    Another question.....

supposedly govt specific buildings will still work in a different govt.....

(I.E. concentration camps built during West Moldavia's Fascist regime are still functional in it's new Democratic government.)

can Anybody confirm or deny this? I have yet to test it myself.
                    Only some wonder effects still work. If it's just an improvement it will disappear from your city list, along with it's abilities.

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial Clay; very concise and much easier to follow than the one at the beginning of this forum.

Willem, you say that gov-specific thing applies to some wonders? Is there some trend you've noticed, or will I just have to create and test? Thanks alot!

Comment

Originally posted by 0bsidi0n

Willem, you say that gov-specific thing applies to some wonders? Is there some trend you've noticed, or will I just have to create and test? Thanks alot!
                        I haven't tried all the wonder flags yet, and some are pretty much impossible to be sure of, but I have come across a few so far. For instance anything with "Reduces Corruption" does linger, as does " Build Army Without Leader" and "Treasury Earns 5%".

What does work is a wonder that creates a building in each city.

Comment

Working...
                        X